TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Really no Indian Summer ... yet! Yea I know, I live in far western Ohio, but Indiana Summer{just 10 miles away or Indian Summer?} Damn flying fingers...

Here is it October 22nd and we have yet to have a frost in Western Ohio...perhaps Wednesday, but "normal" October weather is forecast to make an appearance beginning tomorrow...but with the good weather and my "retirement" from High School Officiating/Umpire work:

{you can read all about that here:} Much of the posting on that subject dates from October 3rd forward until today

___prh...a day in the life....

I have had plenty of time to push the TW over 7000 total miles{finally} and get in some decent weather riding....Friday I put 130+ miles on and rode solo from Celina around the south part of Grand Lake over to Indian Lake, around there and back to the north side of Grand Lake....and home:

DSC01597 (1).JPG DSC01588 (1).jpg DSC01581 (1).JPG DSC01576 (1).JPG DSC01594.JPG

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have noticed that Indiana has a plethora of covered bridges. Any particular reason, like maybe the same guy designed them all?
Montezuma and I found about 30 in the South Central Part of the state and a large # were built by the Kennedy Family ..we still have another bunch to find and photograph, but that will wait till next year:

Covered Bridge Run Indiana 015 (1).JPG Covered Bridge Run Indiana 028.JPG Covered Bridge Run Indiana 038.JPG Covered Bridge Run Indiana 086.JPG Covered Bridge Run Indiana 079.JPG

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have noticed that Indiana has a plethora of covered bridges. Any particular reason, like maybe the same guy designed them all?
Originally it was so horses wouldn't spook and refuse to cross. It also keeps the bridge surface clear in winter.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Really no Indian Summer ... yet! Yea I know, I live in far western Ohio, but Indiana Summer{just 10 miles away or Indian Summer?} Damn flying fingers...

Here is it October 22nd and we have yet to have a frost in Western Ohio...perhaps Wednesday, but "normal" October weather is forecast to make an appearance beginning tomorrow...but with the good weather and my "retirement" from High School Officiating/Umpire work:

{you can read all about that here:} Much of the posting on that subject dates from October 3rd forward until today

I have had plenty of time to push the TW over 7000 total miles{finally} and get in some decent weather riding....Friday I put 130+ miles on and rode solo from Celina around the south part of Grand Lake over to Indian Lake, around there and back to the north side of Grand Lake....and home:

View attachment 135490 View attachment 135498 View attachment 135506 View attachment 135514 View attachment 135522

Looks like a nice ride, thanks for the great pics. What day trip accessories do you have strapped to your rack?

#GYG
'13 TW200

A.T.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts

View attachment 135490 View attachment 135498 View attachment 135506 View attachment 135514 View attachment 135522

As Joe Kenda would say, "my, my, my"!

Hoot, you've been rebel rous'in by golly. I'll have to pay attention to your blog to keep up.:D

I do have to say I hope the OSHAA folks get to eat it!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a nice ride, thanks for the great pics. What day trip accessories do you have strapped to your rack?

#GYG
'13 TW200

A.T.
tool Kit, MSR Bottle of fuel, and a portable pillow for my sore butt if needed...just put it between my backside and seat, and it usually works pretty good...didn't really need it on this trip however...:mask:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The OHSAA Toads get disposed in one of the cases on Friday...should be interesting...the Indiana Ass~ociation is under the gun as well....these bloated self important clowns, sitting in Ivory Towers, while living off the backs of the dues paying stiffs while handing out favors and punishments in their arbitrary manner, need a slap upside the head....:eek-new:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts