TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got out today for a quickee in central Utah. I was surprised that the leaves were not changing as much I had expected. In a week or so they will be really good.

There has been a ton of rain over the past several weeks in central Utah, not as much as the tragic/devastating flooding in Colorado, but the trails and mountain roads are showing the signs of some pretty strong runoff.

You are cruising along enjoying the view and then you hit a series of these "shock-testers" it wakes you up for sure!

I got off the mountain road and headed up one of my favorite ATV trails and ran into this crazy runoff erosion!!

It is hard to tell, but in some places this was 3.5 to 4 feet deep. I would have loved to seen the storm and the wall of water that formed this new mini grand canyon!!

One last parting shot of the hills.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow, that's some major trail erosion! I'd hate to hit that not realizing it was there.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Wow, that's some major trail erosion! I'd hate to hit that not realizing it was there.
those ruts would wake you up.... with a faceplant breakfast

utah is another place on my list, beautiful. thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Beautiful pics! I love the fall colors. We've had quite a bit of rain down here, too. Everything's greening up nicely. You've really been on some beautiful rides, lately. Thanks for taking us along!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Looks really beautiful. Always gotta watch out for mother nature's rain gutters! Again, so many places, so little time!:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yep, absolutely amazing scenery. I work a lot out of state in the mid west. Many of my co workers ask why I live in Utah. All I have to do is show them some of these amazing ride reports and they get it.

What area were you traveling through. Perhaps around Huntington/Scofield area?

Thanks again for sharing

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, absolutely amazing scenery. I work a lot out of state in the mid west. Many of my co workers ask why I live in Utah. All I have to do is show them some of these amazing ride reports and they get it.

What area were you traveling through. Perhaps around Huntington/Scofield area?

Fishbyte - It was down on the Fish Lake National Forest, west of Koosharem UT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts