TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love sandwiches. From the lowly PBJ to the massive "Dagwoods" my dad used to create. Tasty, portable and a canvas for endless creativity...or disaster.

Today I had a Reuben, shaved corned beef, crunchy sauerkraut, and a high quality thousand island dressing on panini bread, grilled to perfection.

Have a favorite sandwich? If it's unique, tell me how you make it.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Any sandwich that I have in my hand at the moment is my favorite. :p

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I love sandwiches. From the lowly PBJ to the massive "Dagwoods" my dad used to create. Tasty, portable and a canvas for endless creativity...or disaster.

Today I had a Reuben, shaved corned beef, crunchy sauerkraut, and a high quality thousand island dressing on panini bread, grilled to perfection.

Have a favorite sandwich? If it's unique, tell me how you make it.
Have to say a Good Reuben would rate right up there on the top of my list...second would be Corned Beef with Hot Pepper Cheese and Spicy Mustard....

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I really like a nice Pickle on the side between bites.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Love a Good Kosher Dill on just about any Sammy, as long as it has Spicy Mustard or Mayo:tongue1:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The one Smitty likes could find a tender spot in my mouth real easily. My fav is left over turkey sammy with mayo, tomato, pickle, swiss, etc......... YUM=YUM. OMM.:p

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh... Please do not forget the Great Cuban Sandwich!

How could you not like a sandwich that has TWO kinds of pork on it?

Cured ham
Roast Pork (Pernil)
Swiss cheese
Longitudally Sliced Dill Pickle
On delicious Cuban bread
Pressed flat in a sandwich press.

There is a Tampa version that uses salami and, I think, chorizo.

The best thing is? I'm heading to Cocoa Beach to go to Rubio's, where they make the BEST Cubans!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I would love to have a shrimp po-boy from South Mississippi

Try Kelly's Po-Boy Exit 4 on I-59 in Picayune, MS.. Huge Po-boy and stuffed with shrimp to the point they were just falling out of a toasted French roll.

·
Registered
166 Posts
In New England a favorite is baked beans on bread with a slice of onion and some ketchup. Used to take'em fishing. Or sliced banana on peanut butter with a thin layer of mayo. Mayo makes the difference, trust me. But I think my favorite is probably a BLT made with fresh summer tomatoes. crisp lettuce and thick bacon strips. I can even forgo the bacon but the tomatoes must be from the garden and not from Chili. Mayo, salt, pepper on white toast with lots of gluten and artificially enriched flour.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Home made peanut butter, home made strawberry preserves or orange marmalade, home made whole grain bread, most any will do as long as it's still warm enough to melt the peanut butter.

I agree that a good Cuban sandwich is a culinary delight for a manly man just finishing up 12 hours wrestling a sandblast hose under a ship, especially when served with a well chilled Bud.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There is a place that I go to that is a pain in the ass to get to. Have to sit in traffic, can't find a parking spot when we get there, but.....They make a marinated grilled chicken cutlet with fresh mozzarella, in-house roasted peppers with a thick balsamic vinegar on a home-made brick oven roll that keeps me going back.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
There is a place that I go to that is a pain in the ass to get to. Have to sit in traffic, can't find a parking spot when we get there, but.....They make a marinated grilled chicken cutlet with fresh mozzarella, in-house roasted peppers with a thick balsamic vinegar on a home-made brick oven roll that keeps me going back.
Joe Squared?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts