TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for quite a while and looked at quite a few posts on this forum about this topic but haven't seen a solid answer. Can anyone tell me which of the ims brand folding shifters most closely matches the bend and length of the stock shift lever? I like ims brand shifters and have had them on other bikes but notice that some of the ones people are using have kind of a crazy bend right straight out and I dont really like that. The picture of the shifter in this post is showing that crazy bend I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
i don't know about the ims brand, but a few years ago Little Tommy started a post on shift levers, i bought one of the same and can't remember or find the thread. it was a chinese knock off and it was perfect. i am looking for another for my new bike. it fit nice and tight to my skid plate so it was well pertected and it was only $9. i should have bought 2. maybe LT will see this and remember it.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I saw that yz 250 levers are apparently very close to stock tw's. The yz125 shifter might be the same one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw that one. I tried to put a picture of it in my post but I didnt like that one because of the direct bend outwards.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
The one LT referenced is in this thread but appears it’s no longer available.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My IMS shifter is about an inch longer than the stock one. It's easy to see in this pic. :)
IMS 313114
That's the one I bought. Haven't installed it yet but looks like a nicely made part. I wanted a bit longer as I also got wider foot pegs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to cycle gear this friday and I'll bring my stock shifter with me to see what they have.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's the one I bought. Haven't installed it yet but looks like a nicely made part. I wanted a bit longer as I also got wider foot pegs.
That's why I got it too. It works well with the new foot pegs. I think you'll be happy with it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
My IMS shifter is about an inch longer than the stock one. It's easy to see in this pic. :)
IMS 313114
I’ve got this same one. Withstood a few falls without bending the last time I went out for a rip on the trails, but it got really rusty. The powdercoat just flaked off. I will say that there is something nasty and corrosive in the mud at Hollister Hills that rusts everything. But I was a little disappointed the powder coat came off so easily. Seems tough otherwise and gives me the extra length I needed to get my sidi crossfires underneath for shifting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts