TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this an actual graveyard? I would like to be buried somewhere warm when my time is up.
This is a memorial dedicated to dead motorcyclist, not an actual graveyard. If you’re looking for warm, the Mojave definitely has you “covered” :D

·
Registered
19,418 Posts
The stick caught between brake lever and frame can be prevented with what is referred to as a "Brake Snake", a cable or chain from tip of brake lever extending foreward to skidplate or frame.

Outlaw Racing Products ORBS: Outlaw Racing Brake Savers
$10.99

Summit Racing

No tax

I keep breaking my home made ones when they take a good brush hit. Last summer got thoroughly caught on a green aspen sapling. Unlike the dry desert trash that could be snapped the living tree sapling needed to be cut out with a Leatherman saw blade since I didn't have a big Allen wrench to otherwise remove brake pedal assembly.

Great video with nice man made features not yet vandalized by lesser examples of humanity.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great video Nick. I've been wanting to visit the Husky Monument...where's a good place to stage?
Phil
Thank you :D

There’s no shortage of places to stage, just depends how long of a ride you’re looking for.

So far, I’ve staged from the 58 & 395 side. I always check OnX Hunt or Gaia to make sure I’m on BLM.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great video Nick. I've been wanting to visit the Husky Monument...where's a good place to stage?
Phil
Thank you :D

There’s no shortage of places to stage, just depends how long of a ride you’re looking for.

So far, I’ve staged from the 58 & 395 side. I always check OnX Hunt or Gaia to make sure I’m on BLM.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last one ... two year old TW in 2009 at Husky ... Still got her of course with a lot more mods! Check out the plate ...

View attachment 190328

The Buro knows no bounds! Fantastic set of pics, man!

Thanks for sharing! I love that area, I just wish I had a TW all those years ago!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The stick caught between brake lever and frame can be prevented with what is referred to as a "Brake Snake", a cable or chain from tip of brake lever extending foreward to skidplate or frame.

Outlaw Racing Products ORBS: Outlaw Racing Brake Savers
$10.99

Summit Racing

No tax

I keep breaking my home made ones when they take a good brush hit. Last summer got thoroughly caught on a green aspen sapling. Unlike the dry desert trash that could be snapped the living tree sapling needed to be cut out with a Leatherman saw blade since I didn't have a big Allen wrench to otherwise remove brake pedal assembly.

Great video with nice man made features not yet vandalized by lesser examples of humanity.
I would have never guessed they made such a thing!

I bet that Leatherman saw laughed at the sapling!

Exactly. I’m surprised some scumbag has not tried to rip one of the bikes out. Lesser examples of humanity suck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Till Death Dual Us Sport™;989280 said:
The Buro knows no bounds! Fantastic set of pics, man!

Thanks for sharing! I love that area, I just wish I had a TW all those years ago!
The thing I miss the most having retired in Idaho is riding in the Mojave, first ride there was El Mirage in 1977, rode from my old house in Lancaster from 1984 until last ride October 2016. Idahos' hi-desert south of Boise is uncrowded, but it's just not the same to me.

Great vid you did. Thanks for bringing back memories of good times.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Nice video and thanks for sharing. Earlier this year I watched some LA-Barstow-LV videos and the guy I was watching kept mentioning those trail streamers. Sure looked like the ones he showed. The Husky Memorial was very interesting. Thanks for sharing your pictures el buro of what the memorial looked like in the beginning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts