TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
But would she want too? :ROFLMAO: I'm sure she'd take one look at me and say "Sorry LT, but I'll pass"
But you are thinner and much more handsome than I...
Well LT...Ann, me, and you, are all a getting a bit "Long in the Tooth" ... but having seen her in Vietnam back in 1970...in addition to being a Beauty, she is a Patriot...馃馃憤

Registered
I can certainly support any effort to limit or eliminate any political discussion in here....I suspect the only things we can agree on are a love of the backcountry and these remarkable motorcycles that can take us there....... perceptions have become reality in this Country so any civil or respectful political dialog is impossible....

" On Any Sunday "....and all the "actors"..... is the seminal motorcycle movie IMHO.....

Registered
I am heavy into my log home building forum and over there they solved the politicing problem early on. The Moderators simply lifted the ban on religious bickering and the problem mostly disappeared.

The key to making it work is to use legal key words to represent those illegal fighting words.

Protestant........ Republican

Catholic............ Democrat

Torah................. Constitution

New Testament King James Version............ Amendments

Holy Grail........... 2nd Amendment

Jerusalem.......... Chaz/Chop

Prophet.............. Prepper

Church Camp..... Bug Out Cabin

Rapture............... WTSHTF or EOTWAWKI

Second Coming.. 2022 Election

Blasphemy.......... Newscast

Tribes.................. Races

Judas.................. Definition in a State of Flux

Archangel............ See Judas

Moses.................. Berney

Now, please try to understand that this is not my list of code words, but rather it has evolved over the years through a painfully meticulous process involving bullying and threats, along with the occasional banning of an offensive member. I suspect that the Moderators on that forum have no clue what is going on right under their noses.

For the most part, it works just fine. Everyone gets to stretch out their First Amendment and when someone gets their nose all bent out of shape, it is usually attributed to a misinterpretation. I'll admit that there are times when the Jehovah's Witnesses get into a row with the Amish community and it can spill formerly canned worms all over the forum, but it is rare. For a bunch of pacifists, those folks can sure put up a good fight.

So there it is if you want a proven system. I wish I could link you to the forum on question but it is open to members what have gone through the LHBA school only.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Registered
Ann Margret is also a personal favorite of mine. Check out this video (or just look up "guzzi v7 Ann Margret" on YouTube). She asks a friend for money for gas for her bike. When he doesn't have any she gets creative. Very cute!

Registered
Humorous list, hope it entertains all sides of sensitive current events.Glad it is working on the Log Home site.
The use of code words is becoming ever more common on major social media platforms to avoid using trigger words that employed algorithms detect that cause deleting, censorship and often the elimination of the author's prior and subsequent postings.
If we were to use code words here maybe we could have Thomas Mann's famous saying modified to "Everything is current events".

Registered
Agreed, nobody really even close...In Hoot's Opinion...
I'll have to third on this. McQueen's pretty much been the most widely known MC celebrity for decades. He made his mark in racing decades ago and, was only catapulted to an even higher mark with the scenes from the Great Escape. He did have a stunt double for that movie but, he also did quite a few scenes himself. If one looks up Keanu Reeves and checks out what he has for an MC hobby, he does have quite a few.
Scott

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'll have to third on this. McQueen's pretty much been the most widely known MC celebrity for decades. He made his mark in racing decades ago and, was only catapulted to an even higher mark with the scenes from the Great Escape. He did have a stunt double for that movie but, he also did quite a few scenes himself. If one looks up Keanu Reeves and checks out what he has for an MC hobby, he does have quite a few.
Scott
The good die young. He left us way too soon. Quite a guy, how could anyone not like that guy?

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

Registered
Yeah, the problem with biased censorship is that those of us who are old, feeble, slow, and slow witted, miss it before it gets censored.

I think the forum should oughta send biasly censored stuff in an email to those of us who missed it.

Registered
Yeah, the problem with biased censorship is that those of us who are old, feeble, slow, and slow witted, miss it before it gets censored.

I think the forum should oughta send biasly censored stuff in an email to those of us who missed it.

I resemble that comment...馃槑

Registered
Darth, my post #3 is but one example. The changing and/or deleting of content is often subtle.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts