TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first trip to NY state beautiful place lots of LEO everywhere lol

Picked up an all original 1971 Honda QA50 from the original owners daughter who says she maybe put 40 miles on it

Next stop Patterson NY to pick up my 98 TW200 from a forum member

SO far super nice people here wish I had more time to hang out

Pics on the shore of Lake Ontario
SAM_7461.JPG SAM_7462.JPG SAM_7463.JPG

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hamlin beach is my old stomping grounds. Should have brought your fishing rod because you can catch nice football shaped Brown Trout right from shore this time of year with 5-10 pound fish not at all uncommon.

On your way to Patterson you will pass pretty close to me depending upon if you take route 17 or the NY Thruway. If you do take route 17 then get off up by Deposit and do a side trip along route 97 through the hawks nest along the Delaware River, very scenic drive and a big MC road trip destination.

Have a great trip and score some nice bikes.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Back in the late 1960s we all had dirt bikes to ride on the old RR bed they removed the tracks a ties from. Younger kids had those mini bikes and Honda 50s and we had many miles of great fun. One gal, super pretty and from a wealthy family got a brand new Honda Trail 90 for Christmas. Around mid April she came to ride with us and I think the bike had about 20 miles on it when she laid it down and burned her leg real bad on the muffler. She suffered for a long time with skin grafts and all and her dad parked the shiny new bike in the back of the garage never to be ridden again. About 15 years ago her dad passed and they moved to Florida but had a big yard sale before they left. When I got to the sale the bike was sitting with a sold tag on it. The first guy at the sale bought it for $400 and left to get his trailer. Damn, missed a real beauty and it was still shiny new and had just 31 miles on the clock. I did see Ronnie (Ronalda) at the sale and still pretty after all these years but still with a nasty scar on her leg. She said if I knew you were coming to the sale I would have given it to you. I was the one who got the bike off her after she fell and took her home.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
If you are still hanging out Patterson I'm off all day on Saturday. I can come up to you or come on down by me.
Happen to be looking at a bike on Saturday for the 2nd time, not a TW.
I'm 40 minutes south from Patterson.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would love to have had some extra time to meet several forum members in this area but as happens to me every trip I seem to always be racing to get somewhere else and this trip is no different. I'm making a quick stop in Wilkes Barre PA for Panera but I need to be in Elizabeth PA this afternoon to pick up some TW parts from a forum member. The 98 TW I picked up in Patterson NY is a nice original 100 mile bike but not the pristine museum quality piece I was hoping for so it will be on the sale block back in Phoenix
SAM_7466.JPG SAM_7467.JPG

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I would love to have had some extra time to meet several forum members in this area but as happens to me every trip I seem to always be racing to get somewhere else and this trip is no different. I'm making a quick stop in Wilkes Barre PA for Panera but I need to be in Elizabeth PA this afternoon to pick up some TW parts from a forum member. The 98 TW I picked up in Patterson NY is a nice original 100 mile bike but not the pristine museum quality piece I was hoping for so it will be on the sale block back in Phoenix
View attachment 94825 View attachment 94833
And here I sit, a NY boy in Phoenix wishing mightily for a TW to ride:BangHead:

Tom

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
If you change your mind and can head back east to relax I have a few buddy bikes and would love to show you around my area. You are welcome to stay as well. No sense traveling on Easter.
Here's my cell (914) 355-0301.

Man, you drove a long way for a TW. Must be a drought of them out west.
Cool little Q-Bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts