1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Absolutely amazing. Needs a mouth to retrieve balls

·
Registered
656 Posts
This whole process of robotics, advanced computer dynamics, genetic manupulation and cognizant mechanical entites is coming. There is little to do but to either go "Luddite" or just wait.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
They are amazing for sure. Kinda scary in a weird way. Just think what the military can do with those. Can go where wheeled vehicals can't, has it's own sense of balance with electronics and gyro. Very very cool, but what's this world coming to. A false sense of reality. It started with realistic video games. Part of me likes it, and part of me doesn't. Mixed feelings I guess. I remember watching the Jetsons cartoon as a kid, thinking no way. We have surpassed that in so many ways. Human exsistance as we know it is rapidly changing. What's next?.....:)

These have been all over the news and TV lately. Very cool. Thanks for posting....:)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Now they need to create robotic jockeys to race them........I can just hear the PA..
In lane 1 we have bouncing robbie, in lane 2 we have crazy legs "I" beam etc. OMM. :hello2:

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Once they are weaponized and autonomous we won't have to worry about Zombies anymore, hello Terminator. Now why did they have to ban my armor piercing ammo?
Fortunately I think a shotgun will work fine against quad rotor drones but those Robo-dogs might be tougher..

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
The nefarious possibilities are frightening. As usual technological advances occur before societal or legislative accommodations can keep up. At least mini-dromes are, or should be, banned from many parks and public venues where they detract from pleasure and safety of the public.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
UAVs are already severely restricted, but there is no enforcement. Like every other ignorance-based statement, calls for legislation are the wrong tactic. Simply enforce the existing rules and regs for remote controlled flying toys. Now that everyone is educated that such rules and regs already exist (see how deceptively simple it is to defeat ignorance?), we can all work on holding the government's feet to the fire to promote enforcement. However, I would prefer the shotgun solution as the government screws up EVERYTHING it touches, especially when it comes to expending resources on programs that do not enhance the budget potential. remember, there is a VERY low recidivism rate for shotgunned drones.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
As for keeping robopup out of the yard, This should do the trick.

And that, Purple Penguins, is why the government really doesn't want Americans designing IEDs when the revolution comes. The best the radical Muslims can do today is babies' breath compared to the toys with which Americans play every day.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
UAVs are already severely restricted, but there is no enforcement. Like every other ignorance-based statement, calls for legislation are the wrong tactic. Simply enforce the existing rules and regs for remote controlled flying toys. Now that everyone is educated that such rules and regs already exist (see how deceptively simple it is to defeat ignorance?), we can all work on holding the government's feet to the fire to promote enforcement. However, I would prefer the shotgun solution as the government screws up EVERYTHING it touches, especially when it comes to expending resources on programs that do not enhance the budget potential. remember, there is a VERY low recidivism rate for shotgunned drones.
I suppose there are many different forms of ignorance in this world........... The form that shoots to mind after having read this is ignorance of social etiquette. The language chosen on a public forum can be either persuasive or divisive and a single word can be the difference. You would have to be ignorant not to realize this without constant reminders. The good news is that it is never too late to learn new things;)

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I suppose there are many different forms of ignorance in this world........... The form that shoots to mind after having read this is ignorance of social etiquette. The language chosen on a public forum can be either persuasive or divisive and a single word can be the difference. You would have to be ignorant not to realize this without constant reminders. The good news is that it is never too late to learn new things;)

Tom
Who made you my daddy? Buzz off, Bozo.

For the first 12 weeks they leak hydraulic fluid all over the house.
HaaHaaHaa!!!!!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Look, Bozo, if you don't like what I type, use the ignore button like a grownup, okay? We don't need you starting yet another shredding. We are bored with that. Grow up or go away. You're not impressing anyone with your goading.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Look, Bozo, if you don't like what I type, use the ignore button like a grownup, okay? We don't need you starting yet another shredding. We are bored with that. Grow up or go away. You're not impressing anyone with your goading.
Yeah Q. I am the problem. Gotcha. No mirrors in that rig of yours.

Tom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.