TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So share the oddities you folks encounter.

Getting gas today I snapped this picture of a Miata with Kiddie seat.
Can’t help but think the kid who rides back there is going to grow up into quite a daredevil, he might even eventually ride a TW.;)

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Of course one can see odd sights off road too.
Here is another reason to visit Death Valley: Star Wars Canyon , where else can you look down into the cockpits of warbirds as they turn and burn on training missions?

It is not uncommon to hear and see military aircraft as they yank and bank practicing low level penetrations into contested airspace. Almost enough reason to visit Death Valley in itself.

If you want to visit the location with a good vantage the correct place name is Rainbow Canyon.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve had a few of these interactions with the sound of freedom, both there and in the wilds of Nevada. I've been zooming down some privative track only to have a fighter paint his shadow directly over me in an example of superb airmanship as pilot times the intersection perfectly. Maybe in middle of nowhere the radar detector will go off like mad, or you see a jet making a simulated gun run on you, or several engaged in air combat maneuvers with high yo-yos, ducking behind mountain ranges only to reappear a bit later as booming exhaust reverberates around you. Pretty cool. Think I’ve seen a lot of un-approved nape of the earth flying but I’ld never complain. It is good training and besides in the Big Empty it is not like they are scattering chickens.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sometimes what you ​don’t see is important too, like the road itself. Saw this one today, might be hard to see at night if approached at speed.
Washouts like this are way down the list of repairs to be done around here as a result of last winter.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
I bet a dollar to a doughnut (donut?) that is a Buick -- late 40's to very early 50's.
Kind of wished I had stopped to take a closer look. Just a guess, but my thought it was retrieved after spending many years over the embankment.

·
Registered
928 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts