TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note, as I have been watching the "viewing" numbers on various sections of this excellent TW200 Forum....after a lull in action, the Off Topic section seems to be picking up steam with some excellent postings from various members....

Keep Up the Good Work Ladies and Gents :D

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
We all were really busy on the keyboards yesterday, lots of good ongoing chats. Must be due to cold "stay inside" weather. Carry on ladies and gentlemen as I need to go drain down a lot of irrigation lines and maybe cut down another tree for Hoot's Moab campfire.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
We all were really busy on the keyboards yesterday, lots of good ongoing chats. Must be due to cold "stay inside" weather. Carry on ladies and gentlemen as I need to go drain down a lot of irrigation lines and maybe cut down another tree for Hoot's Moab campfire.
Yeah, yesterday, at one point, I was trying to read the posts as fast as I could and couldn't keep up. It is a sign of winter coming! I do spend way too much time here.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Maybe go for a ride today littletommy for tomorrow it rains in Spokane. Maybe go get some Spokandy? When I would get cabin fever I used to ride down Downriver Drive past the little brown trout farm and come back along Aubury L. White (?) Parkway. Good route to blow the cobwebs out from between ears.
Spokane is one of those lucky towns with a scenic wild river running through it, really adds a nice dimension to an already good town. A summer diversion when I was single was to walk two dogs on one leash in the World's Fair Park and try to get dogs to encirlle amd wrap leash around pretty girls. Good trick.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Maybe go for a ride today littletommy for tomorrow it rains in Spokane. Maybe go get some Spokandy? When I would get cabin fever I used to ride down Downriver Drive past the little brown trout farm and come back along Aubury L. White (?) Parkway. Good route to blow the cobwebs out from between ears.
Spokane is one of those lucky towns with a scenic wild river running through it, really adds a nice dimension to an already good town. A summer diversion when I was single was to walk two dogs on one leash in the World's Fair Park and try to get dogs to encirlle amd wrap leash around pretty girls. Good trick.
Funny. I just got back from a ride. I hate it when I get so wrapped up reading all the posts that I don't go for a ride. I need to ride, it's good for my head and at least gets me out of the house. It was in the low 40s, could hardly get the Harley started and it takes 10-15 miles to get it warmed up. Its the last year of the carbs (2006) and I have to keep pulling the enrichiner out. Its a super clean bike with only around 8000 miles on it. I plan to sell it in the spring, my back just can't handle the bumps anymore. I need a bike that floats over the road. The TW is dialed in so nicely and does the job very well with the new springs front and rear and the right amount of oil in the front. So the plan is sell the HD, get another dirt bike big enough for the highway when needed. I took Trent out towards CDA then turned back on Upriver and came back home that way. I do the river ride often. So I got about 30 miles in on the HD and am going right back out and may go the same route on the TW. Fred, I never heard of the Aubury L. White parkway. I'll have to look it up. Ok, I'm off again and your are right, it's going to rain tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
I could have name wrong but it is rural road running along Fairchild side of Spokane River downstream from community college. A little narrow and twisty with very little traffic twenty years ago. Like my memory it's quality may have deteriorated over the years. Glad you are getting out.

Google Earth indicates you may better know parts of this road today as North Riverside State Park.

P.S. Little Brown Trout Farm = Sewage Treatment Plant

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Ok, yeah I have been out there. I usually head the other way. That's a nice State Park, they do have a ORV park out there too with a lot of trails too. Very nice drive out that way, twisties, great view of the river down below, lots of trees, etc. On my first ride earlier, I only saw one other rider in 30 miles. On the TW ride, I saw three, (it was 10 degrees warmer 50*) what a bunch of wimps. So any day I can get out on both bikes, it's a great day. Ready to relax now. My head is much better. I love riding!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been civil because I was on the road a few days. I'm back to screw everything up.
Now that is the Qwerty we know and love....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Welcome back.We've been boringly polite , maybe pot needs stirring? There's been a Ken Block Semi drifting video that could benefit from qwerty's critique, as well as this one too:

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Crikey! O.K. That was good but those boys are just playing around. How 'bout some serious competition a la Pike's Peak.
Bench Racer Alert: Would more wing have been better at the expense of top speed?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I want to know if the truck had a water system to spray and cool the brakes.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Brakes? Going up hill? Why?

Actually, a bobtail truck never uses all its brakes. A bobtail like that weighs about 6 tons, and the brakes are designed for a gross of about 15 tons, so a good set of OEM discs is more than enough.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
OurDee, I think the water system would have benefited tire life more.

Say, isn't that Ron-In-Boise on the Segway?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts