TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought this forum might could use a thread for everyone to show some shutter talents.

Post your best photography for others to enjoy.

I'll start with these: Blood Moon - Nicaragua - Cat laughter - Surfside, Texas.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Grand Lake Sunrise July .jpg

Grand Lake {Western} Ohio....my morning walking spot....in the good ol summertime. I have to get up early to get these shots.....and sometimes they turn out pretty good.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
They look like they've been banded. Where do they do that?
I saw an Eagle(no pic-I was kayaking) again yesterday- still a thrill every time. Never saw them when I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The Peregrine Falcons are almost all banded. They nest in a section of a bridge tower over the bay, when the young ones are in the nest they get banded.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
these are ten years old, but still some of my favorites

flowers in la paz, bolivia

darwin's rhea doing 35+ in the atacama, chile

superman of the desert. valle de la luna, chile

ATGATT- booper scooter. restistencia, argentina

hyacinth macaw morning. cuiaba, pantanal, brazil

capybara family. estero del ibera, missiones, argentina (side note, the largest rodent is quite tasty)

black and white tegu. buenos aires, argentina

gaucho sharpening his shears. patagonia, argentina

chinstrap penguin reflection. near elephant island, antarctica

hauling doug fir. chiloe, chile

the andes at dusk. huaraz, peru

a marine iguana. floreana island, the galapagos.

·
Registered
20,510 Posts
Fantastic pics, great post idea. Years ago I had a falconer fellow worker and roommate who had a pair of peregrines. Noisy birds to live with, tremendous daily responsibility too, but amazing experience to go fly them against pheasants, doves, etc. Spooky to have a falcon stoop on you and fly seemingly through your hair at well over 100 mph. His female would do this to me repeatedly in the field, I think she enjoyed scaring me, was empowering to her.

The capybara is indeed quite tasty. I read that centuries ago the pope declared the capybara a fish so that it could be eaten sin-free on fridays, a much appreciated papal dispensation for south american settlers.

Reactions: Texas TDub

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I am way out of my league here, I am a crappy photographer with good subjects. You guys are awesome, I have been trying to learn this for about 2 years and I just cannot get a handle on it. I have ruined some epic shots with poor choices.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took this one back in 1988. It was the 4th of July and the fireworks show just ended and as I was packing up my gear I turned around an saw this. I thought it looked kinda Norman Rockwell ish. I took a picture of the print on my wall with my cellphone camera, so it doesn't look as good. I dont have a film scanner anymore or I would have done it that way.

2014-06-29 13.53.44.png

1 - 20 of 272 Posts