TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Very cool. Imagine the history of all the places we pass every day and hardly even take a second look at.

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The key is getting your family history on video. Once that link is gone all is lost, other then the stories you remember.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Really neat and a family treasure into American History. So lucky to have someone narrate the family past for you.

One of my relatives had hours and hours of 16mm transferred to DVD. All family gatherings. Because there was no sound they added a Sinatra soundtrack in the background. Perfect for the era (50's, 60's and maybe the 70"s). Funny thing is everyone still living in those films... no one can remember who actually took all the video. The one relative that maybe could afford to have such a hobby is in all the films as are all his kids. It'll remain a mystery.

·
Registered
796 Posts
West Virgina heck that whole area, so much crazy history. Much hidden and undocumented, unlike the West where it's likely to have a placard and road.
Nice stuff. Used to love exploring around there, sounds of dueling banjos in the air and wondering why everybody looked identical in remote spots.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I've thought about doing a "family tree" but from knowing my relatives, it'll be just be a stump. Our family reunions are more like the freak show at an old time circus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts