TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20,168 Posts
Just a peak at some new laws: EMPLOYERS BANNED FROM ASKING CRIMINAL HISTORY ON APPLICATIONS (Assembly Bill No. 1008): This new law bans employers, state agencies, and public utilities with five or more workers from including, on any application, any questions about an applicant’s conviction history. Employers are not to consider a person’s criminal background until the applicant has received an offer. And if an employer then decides to take back the offer, the employer is required to notify the applicant in writing, with specific information, as to why the offer is being rescinded. Applicant is allowed to challenge, and the employer is required to review that challenge. Check out the bill here.
AMMUNITION SALES (Assembly Bill No. 693): Under this law all ammunition sales and transfers has to be made in person through a licensed vendor — approved by the State’s Department of Justice. Out of state purchases and internet purchases must also go through a vendor. The law does not apply to police officers, and law enforcement officers of a city, county, city and county, and state or federal government. View the bill here.
WORK SITE IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT AND PROTECTIONS (Assembly Bill No. 450): This law protects workers from immigration enforcement while on the job. An employer or someone acting on behalf of an employer is not allowed to let an immigration agent enter non-public areas of a work place unless the agent has a warrant. Public and private employers can face fines up to $10,000 for each violations. Read the bill here.
MINIMUM WAGE: Minimum wage increases to $10.50 per hour for employers with 25 or fewer workers, $11 per hour for employers with 26 or more employees. More info here.
LGBT RIGHTS FOR LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY (Senate Bill No. 219): This new law strengthens an existing law and makes it unlawful for a facility to act against an individual on the basis of their sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or their HIV status. Facilities cannot deny admission, transfer, refuse transfer, discharge or evict LGBT residents. Facilities must use a resident’s preferred name or pronouns. Get to know the bill here.

-Nice to know that if you have AIDS you can now work at the blood bank. And once again there are new laws that law enforcement does not need to follow. Viva Commiefornia!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
The Liberals have taken over and are having their way with it.

View attachment 148266
View attachment 148274

Watch out the the rest of America. It can happen where you are too.
OMG I haven't seen those signs yet it's time for the National Guard to move in a clean the state houses although the CaDopes will just re-elect Maxxine Insanity back into office (unless she's hung)

STrange when I'm in Cali the people I meet seem so conservative and normal there must be huge concentrations of libtoids in the big cities where I never go

what should be the greatest state in the union molested by progressive gooberment which will eventually lead to a mass exodus leaving only the hard lefties

If the State of Jefferson ever came into being I've always thought I'd move there to support it and be a part ofsomething great but it's looking farther and farther away

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
The signs are not being put up by the state. They were created by a conservative group to help make a statement. Although from what I have read they ARE entirely accurate!

Tom

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Smoke another joint. You'll feel better....

:D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Smoke another joint. You'll feel better....

:D
That is a very poor rendition of that song! I have the album it came out on back in the day and a much better rendition. That is the music from my days and I do still listen to a lot of it. Some would say I am "Stuck in a Groove" and I do resemble that remark. Still spinning vinyl after all these years. Thanks roadtrip. I think the only real help for California lies in the San Andrea's Fault and if we are lucky a tidal wave might take out all of NY City and much of the NE coast.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Look at it this way Fred. You only have a couple of miles to move and you're "outta there"!:D
Get out quick! What are you going to do when they run out of your money too?

GaryL

·
Registered
20,168 Posts
Couple of miles? Golly, the new improved state line runs right through my property.
Originally property was entirely in Nevada until errors in the original survey were "corrected". Now since house, garage and utility corridor are on California side I am technically a Californian and get to help pay for innumerable social programs I will never see the benefit from. As a white educated male US citizen I am entitled only to give, not to receive. However if I manage to break some laws and get put in jail I should be eligible for a state funded sex change operation.
Might just get one of them fancy new California drivers liscences they hand out to illegal aliens with options of declaring "Male", "Female" or "Other".

P.S. - Country Joe and the Fish sound better on Youtube played at 2X speed

·
Registered
827 Posts
Y'all can bitch about California, but I've BBQ'd for dinner the last 5 nights out of 6 while in a T-shirt and jeans. House slippers too. Highs in the 60's.

My county sheriff is a firm believer in the constitution and issues CCW permits to anyone who doesn't have a criminal record. He also is turning his head the other way when it comes to businesses needing a permit to sell ammo. And he'll bust any illegals where ever he can find 'em. Our county banned the sale and growing of pot, no matter what. He's got the next election locked up I'd think!

So I got my pistol and I got BBQ. How bad can it be? Ha!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Y'all can bitch about California, but I've BBQ'd for dinner the last 5 nights out of 6 while in a T-shirt and jeans. House slippers too. Highs in the 60's.

My county sheriff is a firm believer in the constitution and issues CCW permits to anyone who doesn't have a criminal record. He also is turning his head the other way when it comes to businesses needing a permit to sell ammo. And he'll bust any illegals where ever he can find 'em. Our county banned the sale and growing of pot, no matter what. He's got the next election locked up I'd think!

So I got my pistol and I got BBQ. How bad can it be? Ha!
I guess that's OKAY as long as when you BBQ you are not using the left over wood from your BBQd house. The land owner I care take for lives in Ojai and his house survived but friends and neighbors burnt to the ground.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm pretty sure none of these issues aren't as simple as described here....I am surprised a sign like that could go up. This is not responsible leadership.

Though I suspect with the baby boomer generation retired, they want more tax payers desperately.

On the other hand... California is a desert. An over watered desert. Full of material excess and delusion. It's an unnatural environment that's unsustainable. Meanwhile Crony corporations use a partisan government to deploy divisive issues to keep us fighting so they can change the laws/regulations in their favor. Then we unknowingly bath our new born in carcinogenic soap and formaldehyde sleepers while they deflate the dollar and call it inflation. At the rate we're going most of us won't be able to afford our cancer treatments...I think we have bigger bones to pick.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
wow SkiPro what county in CA are you in sounds great!

77 degrees in the Phoenix valley today I was sweating with the AC on lol

In Socal now still 63 here and the suns been down for an hour

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I'm pretty sure none of these issues are as simple as described here....I am surprised a sign like that could go up. This is not responsible leadership.

Though I suspect with the baby boomer generation retired, they want more tax payers desperately.

On the other hand... California is a desert. An over watered desert. Full of material excess and delusion. It's an unnatural environment that's unsustainable. Meanwhile Crony corporations use a partisan government to deploy divisive issues to keep us fighting so they can change the laws/regulations in their favor. Then we unknowingly bath our new born in carcinogenic soap and formaldehyde sleepers while they deflate the dollar and call it inflation. At the rate we're going most of us won't be able to afford our cancer treatments...I think we have bigger bones to pick.
The surest way to do nothing is to assign every problem as either too difficult or not big enough to exhaust our efforts on. In a roundabout way that is how your post reads to me. I do not discount your criticisms but the inevitability of our demise is a song that has been sung for generations and has done nothing but breed generations of complacency. We start correcting our mistakes by refusing to continue making them over and over again.

Tom

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The surest way to do nothing is to assign every problem as either too difficult or not big enough to exhaust our efforts on. In a roundabout way that is how your post reads to me. I do not discount your criticisms but the inevitability of our demise is a song that has been sung for generations and has done nothing but breed generations of complacency. We start correcting our mistakes by refusing to continue making them over and over again.

Tom
I made a spelling error or two...oops

Not my point but I got you thinking...I like that. haha

My point is we're divided over issues that won't be reasonably resolved in a yes/no fashion yet that's the only dialogue that gets media attention.
And while we're divided, even bigger more menacing issues are over looked.

I think we need to be open to new ideas and work with those we disagree with on more reasonable solutions.

For instance our culture wants to punish crime and it's a revolving door yet Norway gives them full rehabilitation ( you can become a doctor or lawyer in jail) in turn they have less crime and better behaved inmates. It's unfortunate that someone has likely been victimized, but an eye for an eye won't correct anything. If someone did me wrong and I knew they were getting help to be a better person I'd be ok with that. Like a dog needs to be walked or they misbehave...we have needs that when they aren't met we act out.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I made a spelling error or two...oops

Not my point but I got you thinking...I like that. haha

My point is we're divided over issues that won't be reasonably resolved in a yes/no fashion yet that's the only dialogue that gets media attention.
And while we're divided, even bigger more menacing issues are over looked.

I think we need to be open to new ideas and work with those we disagree with on more reasonable solutions.

For instance our culture wants to punish crime and it's a revolving door yet Norway gives them full rehabilitation ( you can become a doctor or lawyer in jail) in turn they have less crime and better behaved inmates. It's unfortunate that someone has likely been victimized, but an eye for an eye won't correct anything. If someone did me wrong and I knew they were getting help to be a better person I'd be ok with that. Like a dog needs to be walked or they misbehave...we have needs that when they aren't met we act out.
Slightly over 5 million residents in all of Norway.
The vast majority of crimes committed are theft related and non-violent.
20% recidivism rate. Of those that do return to prison the vast majority are drug and/or gang related. Sound familiar?

****All organized religion in Norway receives government funding! 90% of ALL Norwegians are members of a church.****

Perhaps belonging to something and believing in something that is bigger than ones self and that is based on a moral and ethical code of behavior would be a good start. Instead our current cultural trailblazers mock traditional family and societal values and promote anything that is purely self serving.

I can say that if someone were caught stealing my property because they were poor or hungry I would proudly support a rehabilitation program. However if a scumbag drug addict with a rap sheet a mile long raped or murdered one of my family members I would have no qualms with extinguishing their worthless lives myself. You can NOT rehabilitate someone who does not respect others rights to peaceably exist.

Tom

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Look at it this way Fred. You only have a couple of miles to move and you're "outta there"!:D
They're trying to punish you if you decide to get "outta there" too. They failed so far - but - they tried to enact legislation that stated if you are getting a retirement pension that you earned while working in California; and you move outta state - the state would put a an additional "penalty for taking your money out of Cali tax" of around 30% on your monthly pension!

·
Registered
827 Posts
wow SkiPro what county in CA are you in sounds great!

77 degrees in the Phoenix valley today I was sweating with the AC on lol

In Socal now still 63 here and the suns been down for an hour
El Dorado County. Sheriff John D'Agostini
Here's his web page;
https://edcgov.us/Government/Sheriff

Notice the first link on his page is to apply for a CCW permit.

He will resist the sanctuary state;
If California becomes a sanctuary state, this county will resist - San Francisco Chronicle

To D’Agostini, the law is tantamount to coddling criminals, and that doesn’t wash in the historic Gold Rush towns and foothill hamlets he serves. He said he would simply refuse to go along.

“I’m going to follow federal law on this issue,” said the sheriff from his office in Placerville, the county seat so closely associated with frontier justice that it was once known as Hangtown.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts