TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So now I have this empty TWool TWube. I'd like to see a list of tools YOU would carry as a necessity. Being the undiminishable farmkid, my toolbox is usually very full, but weight and space are limited here, so what's in the tool kit on your TW? Thanks, and do something great today!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ya me too, I have a 89 & 91 Tw 200, neither one of them have any tool kit in them. I would like to put one together that i could keep with the bikes.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I don't use the tool tube for tools... they are too heavy. The tool tube will hold a couple of inner-tubes, a patch kit, wire, lighter, tinder, some minor first aide supplies, and those annoying but useful foil emergency blankets.

For actual tools, I use a weld metal container for everything needed to fix the bike. It's about 6 pounds, so I wouldn't try to suspend it anywhere. But it's great to throw in a saddlebag or hard case.

20170404_180846_resized.jpg 20170404_181054_resized.jpg 20170404_181025_resized.jpg

If I could pare things down, I'd pick some selective sockets (6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, 14 mm, 16 mm, 17 mm,19 mm & 22 mm), and keep everything else. The sockets are just easy to keep track of on the holder - easy to spot when one is missing.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I basically use the stock kit with a multi tool in the stock location.

In my back pack, I add a co2 inflation kit, patches, plugs (I know they arent good with tubes, but I have had them get me home slowly) safety wire, zip ties and tire irons. Anything more than that and I get the truck! If I added the tool tube, I would move my first aid kit and my tow rope from my pack with some of those supplemental items. I would also add some duct tape and electrical connector/fuse kit.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I forgot to mention, I do use Ride On in my tires too. I hate flats and the rear tire on the TW is not easy to patch on the trail. If I had to, I think I could (if it is over 50 degrees) but man would I use a lot of profanity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts