TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen this movie? It stars Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, and Eva Mendes. It's about a guy (Gosling) who robs banks to support his family and gets away on a dual sport bike (that's the first half of the movie anyway). It's a pretty good movie, and was filmed in and around Schenectady, NY, most locations of which are within 10-15 minutes from my house. The banks that he robs are actual local banks that have been here for years. I had the movie DVR'd and took a picture of the scene during his first getaway when he pulls off Route 5 (common road I ride on) and into a box truck parked next to a single lane road under an overpass. My next ride I want to go duplicate this pic with my TW. PlaceBeyondThePines.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Came across this one while channel surfing a few weeks ago and decided to watch. Really liked it. Looking forward to the pics. Great idea.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of my riding buddies wants to join me in doing the pic, and actually came up with the idea of borrowing a box truck to duplicate the scene. That would be cool. The most disappointing thing about the movie, is that Eva Mendes actualy worked in the local diner that her character works in, in preparation for the role, and I didn't know this until long after. Would have been cool to go eat there while she was working! The restaurant where they take pictures with the baby is called the Dairy Circus. I was a fixture in Scotia for decades, and sadly burnt down last April. It was across the street from the school where my mother taught. Owners of Scotia landmark decide not to rebuild after fire | WNYT.com

Around 2009/2010 I had a route in downtown Albany, and got to watch as they filmed scenes for both the Angelina Jolie movie "Salt" and the comedy "The Other Guys" with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went for a ride today and I did it. pines3.jpg pines2.jpg pines1.jpg

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No banks or bank tellers were harmed during the taking of these pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts