TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would let one of you buy me this to have in Moab along with my TW. :D

If you are unfamiliar with the Ace... it is a single seat UTV, a sit-in with a cage machine that is driven with a steering wheel and not ridden atop like a quad with handlebars, that is 48" trails (quad width) compliant.

Introduced just a couple of years ago by Polaris with a newly designed engine of 325cc producing 32hp, a fairly tame motor that cranks up the power throughout its rpm range. IMHO, it was designed to be a great starter machine for spouses and others not cool with just being a passenger in a side-by-side.

The people took notice with even experienced riders wanting to run around in the Ace, and being how they are, they desired more power in the little single seater. Polaris took the advice and fitted their 570cc motor which produces 45hp and makes better power in the low end than the 325.

This post is significant because it shows that Polaris has now fit their 900cc motor into this awesome little Ace for 2016! In the Ace, it produces 60hp, nearly double what the original 325 motor puts out. You can see that the front wheels get lift upon takeoff in the video, which is why Polaris apparently detuned or limited the power of this motor for the Ace. In the RZR, this 900 produces 75hp in the side-by-side, so they must have thought that was too much.

I think that the Ace is great, what say you?

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Mike and Randall both have one for there wife's.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
I was thinking no big deal just another utv. But then I saw it had Matching Colored Springs and that sealed the deal for me!:p

Honestly, engine size aside, it looks like a lot safer machine that one could still ride on atv trails within the width restriction which usually prohibit the normally wider UTV's.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How long till some one releases a tandem seated type machine (so driver up front passenger behind). Still narrow enuff but can still bring a friend or child even. I'd love to have an ace or similar machine for the wife so she can join me at the off road park. But as we are expecting, I thinking a side by side (still allows but can't do all the trails) is more likely what's due in the more distant future.

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
When several of us forum members went on the Rubicon last year we encountered a Douglas County sheriff in something similar, maybe an Ace. It motored along surprisingly well. I wonder though how many of those 60-ish horsepower the 900cc mill can consistently put out before drive belt failure.
Randal's darling wife let me drive her 325cc Ace in Santa Maria and I thought it fun, safe and versatile but not thrilling. But then I tend to prefer the snap of direct drive.

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Geez, I am having another senior moment Mike., thanks for corrections. Maybe I need another cup of coffee before posting. It is those pesky noisy air racers orbiting overhead that distract me;). They orbit overhead forming up before each heat race in the proper order, then pilot plane lights off his smoke stream and competing planes follow his/her smoke trail back in to the race pylon race course proper. This morning it was a junior class of piston planes followed by a group of jets, Breitling's L39 jet team I think,practicing some yanking and banking, turning and burning..

Somewhat sluggish response off the line from the 570cc machine must be attributable to centrifugal clutch or my trepidation when piloting something borrowed and unfamiliar. The Ace indeed is a good concept to improve safety over conventional ATVs in certain situations by being encased ( encaged?) inside the vehicle's roll cage while still retaining narrow width.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just out of curiosity Mrs. Admiral ----------- when you reach " senior status " on your posts, will you be changing your avatar? Dirts a Flyen just Due:D
Why yes, when I reach "senior" status I will change my avatar to this one.
images.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts