TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

There was a suggestion a little while back to start an R/C thread - so here it is! I have two trucks currently, an Axial SCX10-II electric rock crawler and a HPI Savage nitro-powered monster truck.
IMG_20200201_092305.jpg

I got the Savage something like 15 years ago. As a kid, all of the electric R/C toys I had were horrible! Charge for damn near overnight for about 10 mins of playtime. I grew up (yeah right) and decided I wanted NITRO for never-ending run times! Well, I swamped it last year in a muddy jeep hole and destroyed the engine. Yesterday I made the upgrade from 0.21cc up to a brand new 0.28cc powerhouse. Time to break more parts!
IMG_20200201_092529.jpg

When last winter came around and I couldn't ride the TW, boredom set in, and Youtube took hold of me. I watched a bunch of 1/10 scale rock crawling R/C trucks and made the move back to electric again with SCX10-II. Batteries are on another level nowadays - they charge in about an hour and run for just about the same. What a blast! I get even more fun out of downsizing off-road obstacles and going slow and steady. And...when the snows come... the rock crawler stays in action with some homemade snow chains!

20181127_124225 (2).jpg

So now there is an official R/C thread for the TW200forum for anyone to post as they desire. Let's see some pics and videos!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I have toyed with an idea for a long time now. I am a fisherman and in early spring fish from shore with bait fish. I can only cast just so far before the bait fish rips off the hook and have considered various methods using RC vehicles.
Thought about an RC boat to drag my line out further with some sort of release so I could drop the bait once it gets out to deeper water. Then I thought about a helicopter type drone with similar release so I could fly it out and drop it at the desired spot.
All I keep thinking is with my luck the boat or drone would either flip or crash and be lost at sea. What I do know is the further out my bait goes the more likely I am to be where the fish are.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Had fun riding Friday around the Moon Rocks popular Rock Crawling site Friday while scouting for our weekend ride with Rider21 & Adam-in-Nevada.
I came across this gentleman doing a little scale rock crawling with a R/C electric 1/12th truck. Later the place filled up with impressive full size crawlers. The little guys can tumble down the slopes with a lot less dollar damage than the big rigs.
R:C .jpg

R:C2.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts