TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P7030123.jpg View attachment 113673 P7030123.jpg P7030122.jpg

The Rimrocker is a 160 mile long trail between Moab, and Montrose Colorado.
I've been wanting to ride this for quite awhile now, when I told my wife that I was going to do it, she wanted to come along.
So we ended up taking the jeep, if this isn't appropriate here please delete it. The reason I'm posting it is that someone else may want to ride it.
I don't know how well the map brochure is going to turn out in the pic I took of it, but there is a website if you want to look up the trail.
Anyway it's a fun ride over the La Sal mountains and across the Colorado border by Buckeye Lake, then a long trail down Carpenter ridge, to the Dolores river.
After that some old mining roads to Nucla, Colorado. But after leaving Nucla I was a little disappointed on the trail to Montrose the rest of the trail was more like a gravel freeway.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
While not done on a TW, it is still good to find out about another trail/route option. How would the trip have been on a TW. Is there any where for gas in that 160 miles?
Thanks
Great view down the canyon, by the way.
It could be done on a TW, the worst part is after the Black ridge road in Utah, it is not much used and a lot of softball sized rocks.
There is one gas station in Nucla. Which is good because it's over halfway to Montrose.
They say this is the longest off pavement route in Colorado, but I don't believe it.
But it would be a fun ride on the little dual sport bikes, if I do it on the TW, I will plan on camping out somewhere.
And you wouldn't want to do this too early in spring, the creek crossings would be too high.
BTW we did spot a bear cub up in the La Sals, we didn't see Momma but I'm sure she was around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts