TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the start of a collection of photos of places I have ridden that are just a bit off the regular track.

Join in and add your own if you like. Mostly mine will be chosen for their scenic structure rather than for

technical difficulty of the ride.

With my increasing disability, ( I can barely walk without my cane, but I still get about on wheels), the really challanging stuff is now in my past.

These from me will be enjoyable places I go simply because I can.

This will be added to from time to time.

That is probably boring enough for the first instalment.

Phelonius

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wow, wonderful places! It's great that your TW can take you there.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on now surely you guys have some roads less traveled to contribute.

Phelonius

·
Registered
522 Posts
I guess the one in my avatar is pretty much the least traveled I saw here where I live!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by

·
Banned
10,664 Posts

I don't usually take pictures of my bike.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Argh I'm so jealous! I only own a small olive grove and a super-tiny piece of woodland... have to buy a pair of knobby tires so I can take some hard-core countryside pictures too!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, great pictures. I am jealous. I cant ride with the temp here at 29 Degrees.

Erod

Dress warm and exercise great care on snow and ice. I have ridden for years in such and colder.

Due to my health ,I have now moved to Hawaii and cant do that any more.

Oh, and take a camera.

Phelonius

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
Pretty good photo's in this thread. Qwerty, nice desert shots, I can relate.

Here are a few photo's from my Buck Park Cabin ride this past summer. Excuse the re-use of them, but these were taken on our way to the Summers Grave, Summers Cabin, and a geocache nearby. As the cache had not been visited in over a year, and the snow blocking the (upper road), I guess this would count as a road less traveled. After initially being blocked, we found a road lower on the moutain, that took us to Summers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Folks

I guess I just can't stay away from this forum. Although I'm now officially TDubless, I still have a few photos and this topic appealed to me. These shots are from a fairly common route up here, but I'll bet there are few on this forum that have travelled this one. These are on or near highway 59 North of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

My first rest stop on the prairie:

A little side road near Stead, Manitoba:

Another appealing spot along the way:

Shade at last !

One of the locals wanted to chat:

Hang'in out:

Hav'in a chew:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally made it to my destination, Grand Beach Manitoba (on the east side of Lake Winnipeg):

These are all taken from the East Beach near the campground - very few people there in early June.

There were only 2 cars in the parking lot.(plus 1 TW200

These two shots are looking roughly Southwest down the beach towards the main (West) beach.

Here's a shot looking northeast:

This is what a typical campsite looks like - very private. Each one is carved out of the bush separately.

This is a final shot taken on the road home from atop the "big hill" or "Grand Beach hill" depending on how local (or not) the speaker is. I'm told that this hill is in the former bottom of Lake Agassiz (http://www.gov.mb.ca/chc/hrb/plaques/images/plaq1541.jpg), and was pushed up by a glacier during the last ice age. It now marks the most southerly boundary of that particular glacier's movement South.

I hope that everyone enjoys these as much as I have enjoyed the previous postings. Ride on T-dubbers, ride on !

·
Registered
522 Posts
TW-87, your bike looked so shiny and new in spite of its age! Amazing.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
This is a great idea. Kind of a medley of our adventures........... Gerry

this is a section of road I really like though it does get a fair amount of use

this 'road' was used so little that this Llama decided to call it home.

this is as far on this road I was willing to travel given the ice..

this was an old logging spur that had become so overgrown it was almost inpassable (i tried). Much like 'the Phoenix' fire lead to it's rebirth.

this road, at least by me, is 'less traveled in July'

this 'road' left me a bit wary, stock suspension and no kidney-belt.

this is "my mark" letting folks know which way I traveled. (surveyor's spray paint)

Ride Safe, bye..........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts