TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, just got back from a road ride (bicycle not moto), mid 60s dry sunny. Not sure where Winter went but putting the TW away for the season may have been a little premature.
Twice now I've organized these rides and had to divert around cow mtn, once due to a moto-x race, then more recently because the government couldn't play nice and shut down the park.
As the saying goes third times the charm, so.....
Gauging interest in organizing another Norcal ride to Start in Ukiah head through Cow Mtn and possibly a little run into Mendo forest.
So let's throw out some dates in mid to late January.
For the usual suspects or new riders who's in?
Josh:cool:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Josh, I am stomping at the bit to make one of your rides up there. Unfortunately, the Quartzsite AZ RV Show, Rock Show, Swap meet is the last half of January including travel time. That is just my conflict with those dates.
Mel

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I don't know about a group ride that far away in January. The days are short, the air is cold and maybe even snow on the ground, plus it might rain and be really muddy-- maybe, it could happen. I will see what others think before I decide. I would hate to miss a group ride but maybe the end of Feb or March would be better.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
i'm ready to finally ride cow mountain, but i think tony has a point.... our last ride we were pretty short on daylight.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, given on the last ride once we located everyone again and made our way back to Lakeport it was dark; let's push the date to Saturday March 15th. This gives us roughly a week after the time change so the days will be longer. This also gives me and my faithful local (Joemama) a chance to plan a ride with as much new scenery as possible.
Sound good?
BTW-I'll be making a Saturday trip up to Cow Mtn recreation area sometime in January (weather permitting) to scout trails and generally goof off if anyone is interested?
Happy New Year

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Saturday march 15th sounds good to me. And I am all for a late January scouting ride. I'm sure we can talk Joemama into it.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hi josh and all, for a scouting ride, this weekend is the only one I have off in January. If anyone is up for it, Saturday or Sunday, lets ride. One thing to remember about crossing Cow Mountain is Scott Creek on the East side. With very much rain it will not be crossable. Not a problem in the near future. No rain in sight.

Joemama

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Joe I seem to have come down with a cold/flu and am down this weekend. Might be able to do something next weekend 10/11th or the weekend of 25/26th but I suspect the rain may start to have an effect by then.

Hi josh and all, for a scouting ride, this weekend is the only one I have off in January. If anyone is up for it, Saturday or Sunday, lets ride. One thing to remember about crossing Cow Mountain is Scott Creek on the East side. With very much rain it will not be crossable. Not a problem in the near future. No rain in sight.

Joemama

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I got that same cold/flu last Thursday so this past weekend was a stay inside and watch playoff football weekend. Feeling much better and pondering on riding Saturday (49ers play sunday).

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
For the scout and/or official ride, I don't suppose anyone with their TW in tow might be passing by SF per chance, would they? If I could hitch a ride to go ride, I would most love to make it happen!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts