TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Who knew we are this cool!

Registered
The article is nearly 13 years old. April, 2000.

Some of our members who travel in Japan have indicated that the TW thing has pretty much trailed off since. It's up to us now. lol.

Registered
Yup, this is exactly what got me riding. It was my first trip to Japan in 2012, where I started seeing these tricked out Yamahas that looked like nothing else. From that moment on, I became obsessed with building a Japanese style custom TW. It took me a few years to get my shit together, but now I am the proud owner and modder of what is likely the only one around in my town.

This is also the bike that got me riding, at the ripe age of 37. I never rode in the past, thought about it, but I never really saw any bikes that piqued my interest much. Harleys for the most part are ugly, bulky, and just too old man looking, and I have never liked crotch rockets, but these naked TWs won me over. Now I am wanting to build another bike. I have grown quite fond of the street trakker and cafe racer styles...

Bart

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, this is exactly what got me riding. It was my first trip to Japan in 2012, where I started seeing these tricked out Yamahas that looked like nothing else. From that moment on, I became obsessed with building a Japanese style custom TW. It took me a few years to get my shit together, but now I am the proud owner and modder of what is likely the only one around in my town.

This is also the bike that got me riding, at the ripe age of 37. I never rode in the past, thought about it, but I never really saw any bikes that piqued my interest much. Harleys for the most part are ugly, bulky, and just too old man looking, and I have never liked crotch rockets, but these naked TWs won me over. Now I am wanting to build another bike. I have grown quite fond of the street trakker and cafe racer styles...

Bart
I was hoping some of you riders that have been to Japan would comment.

Thanks Bart!

Your bike is way cool dude!

Registered

Registered
Thanks. Part of the beauty of a simple bike like ours is that within reason it can become whatever you want it to be.

Part of the beauty of this site is that you can find nice examples of whatever you want yours to become.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts