TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Swamp, and I'm a newbie here, and hopefully by the end of the day I will be a newbie TW owner! You know, I've been riding dirt bikes for many, many years, and have seen TW's around, but never gave them a second glance! Well, that was until about a month ago when I decided that I'm going to get a bike to ride back and forth to work and cut my fuel bill by $400 a month!

I found a nice 2006 on Craigslist, went and looked at it, rode it, and made the guy an offer. I'm supposed to be picking it up today after work! YEAH!

Anyway, what is it about these bikes that makes them so attractive? These are the coolest bikes I've ever ridden, and I think they are so underrated by the rest of the bike community! I LOVE these bikes!

I've been bitten by the TW bug, and man am I excited!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drive a '08 Ford Explorer, and yes, my monthly gas bill is over $500 a month just on my vehicle alone, and when I add my wifes fuel bill, we are spending $650 a month just on gas driving to work and back, and running our kids around to their activities!! It's really been putting a damper on life let me tell you! I need the Explorer to haul my sons band equipment around, and to pull my trailer.

So, I'm buying a TW to commute with as much as possible to cut down on my fuel usage!

Nice '06 there by BTW!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
i had a ford ranger 2wd 4cyl 5spd. got like 29 mpg. put a snugtop on it hall your stuff around and pull your trailer. super reliable. super efficient. gas is $4.99 gal on guam.

thanks btw lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
my first tank riding around the block only was 70mpg. my second tank mixed riding is looking at about 90-100+ mpg right now. the way i measure it is by riding till it dies and then hit reserve and go to station fill it up to the bottom of the neck with about 1.35 gal gas. reserve is about .5 from what i gather. more then enough to make it to the station.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Like you, I had always looked at the TW's with my nose up... I have had many nice bikes in my day, how could the TW work for me??

Once you ride one, you are hooked! They are just so simple and fun!

My wife always laughs at me and says "You have two other motorcycles in the garage that we paid $7000 each for, yet you ride that little TW all the time.. What's wrong with you??"

Don't get me wrong, I love my nice bikes too, but honestly the tdub gets ridden the most...

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
My wife always laughs at me and says "You have two other motorcycles in the garage that we paid $7000 each for, yet you ride that little TW all the time.. What's wrong with you??"

Don't get me wrong, I love my nice bikes too, but honestly the tdub gets ridden the most...

I'm with you Bracket, probably 3 or 4 times out 5 I'll take the TW!

·
Registered
398 Posts

[/quote]

-----------

I ride on a daily basis and I always have a hard time to decide which of my 2 bike I should ride. My first bike is a TW200 (2010) and my second is a ....... oh, it's also a TW200 (2009)!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Hello, my name is Swamp, and I'm a newbie here, and hopefully by the end of the day I will be a newbie TW owner! You know, I've been riding dirt bikes for many, many years, and have seen TW's around, but never gave them a second glance! Well, that was until about a month ago when I decided that I'm going to get a bike to ride back and forth to work and cut my fuel bill by $400 a month!

I found a nice 2006 on Craigslist, went and looked at it, rode it, and made the guy an offer. I'm supposed to be picking it up today after work! YEAH!

Anyway, what is it about these bikes that makes them so attractive? These are the coolest bikes I've ever ridden, and I think they are so underrated by the rest of the bike community! I LOVE these bikes!

I've been bitten by the TW bug, and man am I excited!

Yes Swamp,you've been bitten.......theres no cure either....thank goodness!.....have fun and welcome.

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
BABY's got BACK!! (tire that is)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ive got an 2002 RM250 and a 2008 Yamahz FZ1 and you guessed it the TW200 gets ridden about 5 times more than the other bikes. I can't explain why I love it so much but I do.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The TW has a very unique look. It was the Japanese styled TWs that made me do a double take when I saw my first one in Japan. I am obsessive by nature, and once I knew I could build one, the rest was history. On a side not, these bikes look great even in stock form, and I would love to have another just for the trail.

Bart

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Guys! I am very fond of the mighty TW too. Here is my current list of (whys)

1) The Look: The style of the whole bike with that big rear tire has got fun, versitility, and adventure written all over it.

2)It's clean and simple not super high-tech (a bit RETRO)

3)I own it it dosn't own me or my wallet.

4)It does many things well(Even going to the North Pole!)

5)Easy to work on, fix ,and modify.

And much much more.

Ride Well!

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Mine has a cool smoked shield on it............ (o;

The way it handle on the tail of the dragon

The way it handled in the badlands S.D.

The way it handles our local gravel roads.

80+ mpg.

Did I mention the way it handles?

FUN FUN FUN.

OMM.

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Nice to see some folks not that far away from me. I am going to take my wife to the sand on the ocean with hers. Hope she won't drop it and get frustrated being a new rider.

first time my wife rode the TW was at the beach

1 - 20 of 26 Posts