TW200 Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Want extra discs? Bring to MOAB?
Used to tune the 2-smokers varying the number of discs. More discs = more noise = more low end.......fewer discs = peakier power = lean = good for high elevations
Do not know how to tune 4-strokes with the Supertrapp but your threaded shaft looks unnecessarily long.
Squirrel the XT is coming to Moab as a pinch hitter if needed. As you well know, having two running motorcycles comes in handy. If the XT hadn't been running during the Winom-Frazier and Dug Bar rides last year, I'd have been walking. My TW was still down while I tried to diagnose what later turned out to be a bad pulser coil. XT did great as a backup quarterback!

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
If the xt has any health issue, they are definitely caused by its previous owner. Admiral is too nice to throw me under the bus, but that bike was more neglected than I realized when I sold it to him. Luckily he is good at bike rehab. He has done a great job and I smile every time I see him riding it.
Someone else owned the XT before you right? It's their fault. :D Actually, probably more a product of age than anything else so no need to through blame darts. ...unless it's some weirdo who forgets to tighten the axle nut when he adjusted the chain. ...after he got a flat fixed. Oops.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Oops, I left the shop door open and a stray took up residence. The stray is an 89 XT350 with about 8,500 miles. Got it for $500. It's heart is very strong but it does need some attention from the pet groomer or pet cosmetologist. This has a little extra umpf when the trottle is twisted.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nice find. They are heavy and tall geared, but with a little work it will make a good Idaho back road explorer.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Nice find. They are heavy and tall geared, but with a little work it will make a good Idaho back road explorer.
You ain't kidding it's tall geared. I wasn't expecting that when I took it on a test run. This ain't gonna be a trail bike but something long range more like what we rode the first three days down on the Fleet ride. It'll take a little getting used to.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
In addition to the hammer I see you have your American flag proudly displayed. Good for you!
Nice to see that you run counter to the recent survey that shows a majority of polled Democrats are not proud to be an American. Still the majority of those polled are proud to be Americans.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
Actually an XT350 ride this time but keeping it in the XT Family don't-cha-know!

November Ride-Jump Creek to Leslie Gulch and Back

It started out like any other ride...smooth trails...for the Owyhee's

Dropping into a canyon

Cabin along Leslie Gulch near Dago Gulch Trail

Lots of water for this time of year down at the boat ramp (SCExpat)

Marbee40 down by the water

More trails through the canyons and gulch's

The sun was getting closer to setting than not. Passing through Succor Creek State Park

Our thoughts were to keep moving steadily but the gates just kept coming and coming making us get off. Made for good conversation at the breaks though.

There was this one mean gate though. Or it just knew we were coming and gave us the Advrider Salute. I'll go with a salute

We pass by the historic Poison Creek Stage Stop on our last few miles before getting back to the trailhead.

Had a great day of riding fellas. I'm sure we'll do it again sometime.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts