TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished replacing the cylinder head and base gasket on the wifes bike!

It got a cylinder hone, new piston, new rings, all new o-rings etc.

I replaced the timing chain guide in this one also, since it had alot of wear at 6K miles too.

I nailed it this time! my dirty little trick of the wire THROUGH the chain where the index mark was worked perfectly!

Had it torn down and put back together in a couple hours.

These little bikes provide so much pleasure and satifaction riding them and working on them, I'll never get rid them!

I'm pretty dang proud of myself tonight.

I even rode it around the block 4 times to roll up 1 mile on the odometer in the rain.

Tomorrow I'll put on my 3mm wetsuit and take her for a break in ride in the rain.

Just wanted to share.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats man! I really empathize with you on the sense of satisfaction part. Family keeps asking me, "Why are you riding that thing instead of your nice bike...?"

I just smile and remind myself that if I have to explain it, they wouldn't understand.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Congrats. When you get done giggling at yerself, how easy/hard was it to do the chain guide?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats. When you get done giggling at yerself, how easy/hard was it to do the chain guide?

The chain guide was very simple (because I had the head and cylinder off)

I'm trying to figure out how to do it next time without removing the head if possible.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Sunday, Oct. 24, '10 around 1:00PM. I saw a TW at the corner of Cox Ave. and Saratoga Ave. It was stopped at the red light and it was headed west. It was lightly raining, more like drizzle, and the rider was dressed in black what looked to be rain gear. Man, that just had to be you! Traffic was to heavy to start honking the horn but I did frantically wave.

The weekend before a friend and I went over Mt. Hamilton to Patterson, picked up Hwy 33 south to Hwy 152 then 152 west to Gilroy and Monterey Hwy and Monterey Hwy back to San Jose. I can tell you Pacheco Pass is a real thrill going up hill into the wind with 18 wheelers all around you. Next time I go over Pacheco Pass I will be on the Buell.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunday, Oct. 24, '10 around 1:00PM. I saw a TW at the corner of Cox Ave. and Saratoga Ave. It was stopped at the red light and it was headed west. It was lightly raining, more like drizzle, and the rider was dressed in black what looked to be rain gear. Man, that just had to be you! Traffic was to heavy to start honking the horn but I did frantically wave.

The weekend before a friend and I went over Mt. Hamilton to Patterson, picked up Hwy 33 south to Hwy 152 then 152 west to Gilroy and Monterey Hwy and Monterey Hwy back to San Jose. I can tell you Pacheco Pass is a real thrill going up hill into the wind with 18 wheelers all around you. Next time I go over Pacheco Pass I will be on the Buell.

We have a winner! Yep, that was me, before I headed over the hill and ran into the steady rain

You should have seen me around nine o clock when I arrived back home...I looked like a wet cat!

Sorry I didn't see you.

Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts