1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Are they still putting that out? I thought it was a short time thing- I haven't seen it since last year.

In case you were wondering the Fat Funk one and the Apple one were less than spectacular.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they still putting that out? I thought it was a short time thing- I haven't seen it since last year.

In case you were wondering the Fat Funk one and the Apple one were less than spectacular.
Thanks for the warning, although I probably wouldn't voluntarily drink anything with "funk" in the name. Apple I'd be interested in since Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is one of my faves...

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
416 Posts
I used to be a big Fat Tire Beer guy about 10 years ago, they became too commercial for me. I like finding the new "craft"/"micro" brewing folks that make exceptional beer. Vanilla Gorilla - I was in Yakima last night and had a new beer at Cowiche Canyon, it was just tapped there, called Cowiche Creek YPA - Amazing! By the way, PM with your contact info and I'll call you next time I'm rolling through.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I'm with BkCntryCrwlr, they were an interesting beer company a few years ago.
I am always looking for a new craft beer to try.
Linda made the mistake of showing me the Alaska BEER TRAK pamphlet when we were in Hoodo brewing in Fairbanks Alaska.
Our trip now had a new twist as we endeavoured to make it to as many of the Microbreweries as possible.
It had 22 craft beer places and we made it to all the ones that did not require ferry travel.

beertreck.jpeg

When in a new area we will stop at the local Info centre and one of the questions I will ask: Are there any Craft Beer places in the area?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I used to be a big Fat Tire Beer guy about 10 years ago, they became too commercial for me. I like finding the new "craft"/"micro" brewing folks that make exceptional beer. Vanilla Gorilla - I was in Yakima last night and had a new beer at Cowiche Canyon, it was just tapped there, called Cowiche Creek YPA - Amazing! By the way, PM with your contact info and I'll call you next time I'm rolling through.
Agreed, the Regular Fat Tire Amber Ale, is becoming what Sam Adams has done....to many beers, to many batches being produced and that is never a good thing:

my new favorites are less mass produced:

Eliot Ness Brew.png Fireside Chat Brew.jpg

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Or This if I want my Ass Kicked after two beers...:eek:

Brown Suggar brew.jpg

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
You know... I've never had a Lagunitas Beer that I thought was good. They even have one called 'Lagunitas Sucks'- and all I can say about that one is that at least there's still some truth in advertisement in this day and age.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Not a BIG fan of Brown Shugga, or most of the stuff from Lagunitas, but the Beer Advocate folks and tasters seem to think it's pretty good: Not that I agree with them on everything, it's the Old "Different Strokes Thingy" ....the main think about the Shugga, it is 11.5% Alcohol, and if you drink more than a couple at a time, they will kick your ass....:rolleyes-new:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/2264/

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
We should start a beer thread, but until then, I am enjoying a Cactus grapefruit IPA from 4 mile brewing outside Victoria BC after working on the TW this afternoon.
image.jpeg

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: ejfranz

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Hipster.

No but for real though I'll drink anything if it tastes good.
I love craft/microbrews and I've had quite a few, but on the other hand I drink PBR and Tecate fairly regularly too.
You are very clearly bi-polar then! ;)

Tom

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used to drink beer fairly regularly, but mostly just cheap light beer like Coors, Miller, or Mick Ultra. Just as I was getting to enjoy new things, I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and was put on medication, and doc "strongly recommended" I don't drink with the meds. (He didn't say I can't). So now I enjoy 1 or 2 every now and then and don't waste those 1 or 2 on the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I used to drink beer fairly regularly, but mostly just cheap light beer like Coors, Miller, or Mick Ultra. Just as I was getting to enjoy new things, I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and was put on medication, and doc "strongly recommended" I don't drink with the meds. (He didn't say I can't). So now I enjoy 1 or 2 every now and then and don't waste those 1 or 2 on the cheap stuff.
Damn I've been Pre D2 for years and on a couple meds....VA Docs must not care or they are trying to kill me :toothy9: Just told me to do it in moderation....{insert "Moderation on occasion}

:eek:ffended:

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
There is a micro-brewery in Bend, OR called Boneyard Brewing. They are famous in the PNW for their Hop Venom IPA. They just released this one, and being a so-so IPA guy, this is an amazing beer. A triple IPA, smooth, hints of citrus, floral and dangerous - 12% ABV! If your in Oregon, search it out, it's worth it. I think that might even be a TW with ape hanger's on their poster! ;) ;)

IMG_6028.JPG

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
....the main think about the Shugga, it is 11.5% Alcohol

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/2264/
Using those 'alternative facts' there again, huh Hoot? The link you provided said 9.8%

20170329_224343.jpg
Not that I'd call Dogfish Head a microbrew necessarily, but 90 Minute IPA is the beer of choice for tonight. Another ~9%abv and 90% beer advocate rating beer to try if you like beer that 'tastes like tires smell' according to my mother.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts