TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They stole one of my motorcycles and I have already contacted the police but they also took off the ignition switch mount bolts so right now I'm taking some security measures but I want to make sure I get the right bolts to bolt the ignition switch anyone know the correct bolts? I have a 2010 tw200

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Those must be some special bolts if that's all they took and left you the rest of your TW :eek: o_O ;) !

Just kidding you, but sorry to hear that you lost one of your bikes - I hate thieves :mad:.

I believe that they are either hex or Torx head cap screws, but that's all I can remember.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those must be some special bolts if that's all they took and left you the rest of your TW :eek: o_O ;) !

Just kidding you, but sorry to hear that you lost one of your bikes - I hate thieves :mad:.

I believe that they are either hex or Torx head cap screws, but that's all I can remember.
Lol thanks for the reply and yeah it really sucks and what I think happened is they tried to take off the ignition switch to steal the bike and saw my other bike which was a Suzuki GSX-S750 under a tarp and decided to come back and take that instead of my tw200 so they took the bolts on the ignition broke my steering lock and tried jamming something in the ignition before they noticed my more valuable bike

·
Registered
912 Posts
They must have really known what they were doing, as it's not intuitive to know how to get to those bolts or what tool you'd need to do it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I hate to here that..
I here it way to often. Anymore !!l
They got 3 of mine a few years ago......

I hate a friggin thief
Need to bring back the old laws..
Hang a man for stealing your ( iron ) horse. !!!
Right after you castrate him..
Mike from nc

Reactions: Mrs. Admiral

·
Registered
912 Posts
...and you have to wonder why they would try to force the lock open and break the steering lock if they could have just removed the mounting bolts in the first place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes,the whole thing is a bit odd for a first post.
Will the next question be "how do I get it running with no key switch?
Idk dude I made the account to ask just thought maybe someone could help by telling me what bolts I needed to remount it
They must have really known what they were doing, as it's not intuitive to know how to get to those bolts or what tool you'd need to do it.
Yeah the police said there have been a lot of motorcycles stolen around here and think they take them for parts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I want to make sure I get the right bolts to bolt the ignition switch anyone know the correct bolts? I have a 2010 tw200
See if this helps. Click on the yellow ruler on the left side of the diagram.

jb

Reactions: Willys714

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
sorry to hear this but security is now tantamount

TW's are very easy to take the tumblers out of the ignition switch once the mount bolts are removed (also ez to do) just a small phillips and I can drop the tumblers then reassemble the ignition and it will start with any key / no key with no visible damage to the ignition

(1) hidden dead man switch

(2) gps tracker they are fairly cheap now and TW's are easy to gorilla into a truck

(3) secure out of sight storage

Hope they get caught

1 - 12 of 12 Posts