TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wife is in Wisconsin for another 4 or 5 days....no baseball tonight, rains are coming down heavy....so I am sitting around with the 2 cats and a friend's Dachshund, who I am watching while he is on vacation for another 4 or 5 days....Strong Storms are predicted, but so far, just heavy rains....which we really don't need....I was gonna clean the hardwood floors, and leaf blow the front porch...but said "F~It" and decided to pile "Sid" the guest dog in the Nitro, and drive over to the little Amish Berg of Berne, Indiana, and pick up some craft beer and a bottle or two of my favorite liqueur "Drambuie"...didn't take the camera, but had the Cell phone...and as you can see the weather is Fugly! But what the Hell? I am sitting here with 2 fingers of Drambuie on the Rocks, listening to the Jimmy Buffet Channel on my Internet XM Radio, and watching the rains come down....not a bad afternoon after all....tomorrow I will think{again} about doing the wood floors and the porch, unless the sun comes back out and then me and the TW are heading out for a long ride::p

Strong Storms.jpg :

Drambuie 003.JPG

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
Hoot, you ain't that old and feeble yet. Suit up and get out there in the rain and go for a ride.
It's an adventure! Aren't afraid to get that new bike a little dirty are ya?

Dare ya. :)

You can thank me later. ;)

*You know, Man & Machine, Conquering The Elements. Guarantee you will feel great when you get back, wet or not. :D

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Hoot, you ain't that old and feeble yet. Suit up and get out there in the rain and go for a ride.
It's an adventure! Aren't afraid to get that new bike a little dirty are ya?

Dare ya. :)

You can thank me later. ;)

*You know, Man & Machine, Conquering The Elements. Guarantee you will feel great when you get back, wet or not. :D
now you quite being so encouraging, that storm picture Hoot put would keep me in the house or at least under a roof. you are right though... it just might be fun!

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
You would know more about bad weather than most of us living where you do. I figure you gotta work at staying young and being adventurous or all of a sudden you will be a old man who can't do it anymore. When we were young, we wouldn't have given it a second thought, right? Remember, every ride is a adventure!

This winter on our coldest day, minus 15-17 or so, I noticed the roads looked good enough for a ride, so I fired the ol TW up and took two 2 mile rides. With the windchill factor of going 35-40 mph or so, I figure it was -40 or 50 outside. It wasn't a long ride but so fun, that as soon as I stepped in the house and warmed up for a couple minutes, I did it again, it was so fun. You should have seen the folks looking at me, with a t-shirt and light hoodie on zip by. Got several double looks. They thought I was crazy. I'm just trying to stay young. ;)

I was wearing a half helmet with no visor, so my face got a bit chilled. (my eyeballs almost froze) ha ha

I get a kick out of some of these youngsters who, if it isn't 50 or 60 degrees won't ride.

I got a couple HD riders that live on the same block as I do and if it isn't 70 or more out, they don't go out! Gimme a break!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You would know more about bad weather than most of us living where you do. I figure you gotta work at staying young and being adventurous or all of a sudden you will be a old man who can't do it anymore. When we were young, we wouldn't have given it a second thought, right? Remember, every ride is a adventure!

This winter on our coldest day, minus 15-17 or so, I noticed the roads looked good enough for a ride, so I fired the ol TW up and took two 2 mile rides. With the windchill factor of going 35-40 mph or so, I figure it was -40 or 50 outside. It wasn't a long ride but so fun, that as soon as I stepped in the house and warmed up for a couple minutes, I did it again it was so fun. You should have seen the folks looking at me, with a t-shirt and light hoodie on zip by. Got several double looks. They thought I was crazy. I'm just trying to stay young. ;)
you're just a fun hog I can tell! and you have very good advice on staying active to stay young... use it or lose it. Keep up the inspiration!

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I really like your attitude littletommy but I think I would be hiding out with Hoot sipping a Drambuie if given a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts