TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice fishing holes if only I had brought a pole rather than the dogs.

Some of the quartz veins have been scalloped and polished by streamflow into fantastic golden shimmering textures

Potholes offer pleasing shapes.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Thanks Fred! I couldn't care less if I ever caught a trout there. I do enjoy a fresh caught meal but let the rest live to fight again. Just being in places such as that are the joys I live for. Funny how it works but I would be pissed if I didn't have my rod with me In a spot like this but the trout would have a sore lip most of the time with me behind the lines.

I let most of the big ones live to fight again in nice spots like that!, we can buy frozen fish in the market but out of the water and in to the fry pan is what fishing is all about for me.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Gary, I needed a tag line to show off some pictures so I made up the title knowing that forum members recognize you as an accomplished fisherman. Hope you don't mind. I am still impressed how well your two bikes are holding up with Rob and Cathy's incredible journey touring USA.
And truth be told I would want to explore stream-side beauty more than fish. The lakes however are different and offer good fishing entertainment and scenery from my kayak.

Werloc, your bike is looking so good these days, like the way Yamaha should have offered it...Big tank, high fender, all the right farkles. Show us some fishing trip pics sometime, please.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Yup, let the breeders go. Hatchery fish just aren't the same. I so believe in catch-and-release I sometimes let them go before catching them.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yup, let the breeders go. Hatchery fish just aren't the same. I so believe in catch-and-release I sometimes let them go before catching them.
That's funny. I have to remember that the next time I don't catch anything.

Well, yeah, I cought a few, just let them go before I hooked'em....:p

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Thanks Fred! I couldn't care less if I ever caught a trout there. I do enjoy a fresh caught meal but let the rest live to fight again. Just being in places such as that are the joys I live for. Funny how it works but I would be pissed if I didn't have my rod with me In a spot like this but the trout would have a sore lip most of the time with me behind the lines.

I let most of the big ones live to fight again in nice spots like that!, we can buy frozen fish in the market but out of the water and in to the fry pan is what fishing is all about for me.

GaryL
I agree 100%. It's about just being out in such beautiful surrounds like this. Leaving everything else behind. Fishing gear is just one of the tools to get me out there....;)

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Good one qwerty! Once I see I have won the fight and can see the fish is not seriously or deeply hooked, just give the line slack so the fish can shake it and be on his way. That is letting them go before you catch them! I hate Pickerel and always hope they can shake the hook so I don't have to unhook them. All real fisherman know that a 15-18 inch trout is much better eating than a much older and larger one and we can only eat one good fish in a meal so why keep any that can't be immediately cooked and have to be frozen.

Gorgeous pictures Fred and I am honored you thought of me when posting them. I sure would love to be there but I have some gorgeous spots right here that yield some nice trout too. I just finished setting up my new fishing kayak and the fishing here is just getting to the best time as fall is arriving rather quick.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Werloc, your bike is looking so good these days, like the way Yamaha should have offered it...Big tank, high fender, all the right farkles. Show us some fishing trip pics sometime, please.
Thanks Fred. Yes, I have more fishing pics of my wife than of me, cuz I'm the one with the camera, but yeah, I'll start a fishing thread and post'em up for sure. I was wondering if there are other fly tyers or fishermen on the forum. Let the lunkers lurk....;)

Gary, Have been out WT hunting?

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Thanks Fred. Yes, I have more fishing pics of my wife than of me, cuz I'm the one with the camera, but yeah, I'll start a fishing thread and post'em up for sure. I was wondering if there are other fly tyers or fishermen on the forum. Let the lunkers lurk....;)

Gary, Have been out WT hunting?
Clarify WT? White tail or Wild Turkey?

No to both but deer season opens in late November here.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
White Tail deer, I thought maybe you bow hunted and your season started. Our season is open here.

No White Tailed Turkeys?........:p
Not a bow hunter any more but early bear season is open now. I don't hunt those pigs either, just deer these days and not all that hard on them either. Would rather fish and ice fish than any other sports.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Not a bow hunter any more but early bear season is open now. I don't hunt those pigs either, just deer these days and not all that hard on them either. Would rather fish and ice fish than any other sports.

GaryL
And now my curiosity has been piqued. Have you ever tried using the TW to haul your ice fishing gear?

Tom

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
And now my curiosity has been piqued. Have you ever tried using the TW to haul your ice fishing gear?

Tom
No! All the lakes I fish here in commie NY have rules of no motorized vehicles. The few I do ice fish that allow them I use my RZR to drag the gear.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Just a question: What baits will ice hit?
HaHa, fishing for ice is strictly a Yankee past time. With the right gear, pop up shanty, small propane heater and warm clothes I can stay out all day long in some bitter cold weather. I fish strictly for trout but it is just as much fun when I catch a small perch or pickerel and get to feed the Eagles.

Being from Tenn. I would imagine walking out on a frozen lake that is 100 feet deep might tend to pucker things up a bit for you. Just so you know, 18 inches of good ice would easily support your big rig.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
HaHa, fishing for ice is strictly a Yankee past time. With the right gear, pop up shanty, small propane heater and warm clothes I can stay out all day long in some bitter cold weather. I fish strictly for trout but it is just as much fun when I catch a small perch or pickerel and get to feed the Eagles.

Being from Tenn. I would imagine walking out on a frozen lake that is 100 feet deep might tend to pucker things up a bit for you. Just so you know, 18 inches of good ice would easily support your big rig.

GaryL
Actually 18 inches of good ice would support a loaded down train!

Tom

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I look for fish like these and love a nice river with ultra light gear and 4 pound test line to give the trout a fighting chance.

Here are my favorite lures and the trout can't resist them. Too bad the company went belly up so I have to find them at yard sales and in old Mom & Pop tackle stores that might still have a few left.

GaryL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts