TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im thinking about selling or trading in my 2011 Honda Shadow Aero Drive shaft motorcycle with only 9,700 miles For A new TW200 trail bike just for everyday city riding to and from work Riding two up with my wife,no trails or interstate riding. I've been craving to ride a much smaller lighter durable motorcycle like the Honda Rebel. And I Feel That The TW 200s Build quality,wide tires And Torquey durable low end motor might fit the bill here. I am 5ft 9in and I Don't Want A Huge trail bike the size of a horse And I Like the fact that the TW starts off slow is easy to shift and ride. Does anyone out there think I'm Crazy For Doing This??? From All That Im Hearing About The TW200, I Can have my cake and eat it too!! I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this subject.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Im thinking about selling or trading in my 2011 Honda Shadow Aero Drive shaft motorcycle with only 9,700 miles For A new TW200 trail bike just for everyday city riding to and from work Riding two up with my wife,no trails or interstate riding. I've been craving to ride a much smaller lighter durable motorcycle like the Honda Rebel. And I Feel That The TW 200s Build quality,wide tires And Torquey durable low end motor might fit the bill here. I am 5ft 9in and I Don't Want A Huge trail bike the size of a horse And I Like the fact that the TW starts off slow is easy to shift and ride. Does anyone out there think I'm Crazy For Doing This??? From All That Im Hearing About The TW200, I Can have my cake and eat it too!! I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this subject.
Welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
I really love my TW. An perfect around town bike. As for TWo up, well it's OK, but I don't necessarily enjoy two up riding on this bike and wouldn't use/buy it if most of the time I was to have someone on the back. Something to consider.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had both, a Honda rebel and a TW200, and the TW is a much better bike, except for the stock drive chain. I currently have a BMW f700gs and it is like a addictive drug, can't quit riding it, handles great, quiet,excellent fuel economy and like a Cummins diesel, lots of torque and not real quick.

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Dude.... I've been drooling over that all week!
2014-Yamaha-SR400-EU-Matt-Grey-Studio-007.jpg
SR400 2.jpg

Okay, being the "outsider" in this group of Misfits, I will suggest you look at the Yamaha SR400. :)

Twice the engine, fuel injected, better for carrying a passenger, more street worthy, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Seconding the SR400 suggestion. For safe two-up riding you'll want the extra oomph! And it is a nice looking bike (with a kick starter). Prob'ly could find a new '14 or '15 in stock at a dealer somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts