TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive loved the tw200 since i was a kid but never got one and now im thinking is the time i sold my cafe racer and am looking at a 96 t dub heres my only hangup im a big guy 250lbs dont need to go fast its going to be a commuter/trail bike but am i going to bottom out ? will it haul me big ass around without blowing up ?

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I put the Red rear spring on and the 40% stiffer fork springs kit on. You will just go uphill slower then the 150#er's.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
hey surfrat,

can't speak for myself, but i've seen some big boys ride tdubs and be plenty happy.
unless you are trying to treat it like a motocross bike, you should be good with it.

joe band

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
If one will haul me, it will haul you. No prob bro, go for it. :p

Largest recorded TW rider was 685 lbs. here on the forum by the way...

O and welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I guess it depends on your commute and what you will expect from the motorcycle. How fast do you need to go on your way to work? The TW won't comfortably (engine wise) maintain over 55 mph with stock gearing, and may have trouble holding fifth gear up some steeper roads or into strong headwinds with your weight. It also depends on your location's geography (mostly flat highways, or very hilly?). If you have an in-town commute, it'll do fine. My brutally honest answer is that the TW won't be the best choice for you if you want to be able to do 65 on the highway on your way to work. If you can/will take back roads that aren't super steep, and keep it to 50 or 55, then no problem. The TW can be a really fun little tractor when it's in its element. Of course I know budget is a factor, so that does have a lot to do with it. If you don't get a TW, you're welcome to still come hang out on the forum and show us whatever you decide to get instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys ive already got a list of parts ready to buy from procycyles i live in a very flat very sandy trailed beach community where the speed limit is ridiculously low and never really have to get on a highway so speed isnt an issue plus theres trails almost all the way to work which is what ive been missing since i sold my last dirtbike, im going to pick it up this week thanks for all the responses this is a great forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts