TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Looking to slow down. Getting a new tw200 if I can figure out the rear trailer wheel mod. I hate having a tube tire in the back. Any new info ? THANKS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well Sir,
First off, welcome. Two, not sure why you're worried about a tube back there. These boys have been running the stock rear wheel, tube and tire for decades and, no one seems to have a problem and, they've been running them in some seriously ugly terrain. And many of us, run pretty low tire pressure to boot. So far, in the short time I've owned one, around 4 months or so, I've done quite a bit of off roading (well, at least some) and I've not had any issues with the rear tube. Your choice.
Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had bad luck with flats in the middle of nowhere. For me it's much easier to just plug the tire reinflate and go on. Getting old and lazy I guess.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have had bad luck with flats in the middle of nowhere. For me it's much easier to just plug the tire reinflate and go on. Getting old and lazy I guess.
I can understand that. I carry a plug kit on our Goldwing. But, for the T-dub, well, so far, it's gonna have to be a patch kit. Trying to seal up that rear wheel to make it a tubeless, is gonna be some feat.
Scott

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have you gave some thought to putting a bottle of Slime in the back tire?

Preventive measure and help put your mind at oooze. ;)

I am sure there are differing opinions but I have had good luck with the stuff.

Marty

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
There are threads about converting the stock TW rim to run tubeless. If you really want to just find the threads and they will tell you how others did it.
there is a company in Germany who convert spoke rims to tubeless. a company in England ( Rally Raid ) use them for their spoke wheel upgrades. so if one company is doing it, it should be coming on line soon for the rest of us

1 - 9 of 9 Posts