TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dubbers, call me crazy but I am thinking about buying a triumph thruxton, to add to my stable of bikes, a guy I work with has it, 2010 model with 6500 miles for 7500 bucks, I am leary about the spirted rideing position, for I am 6'2 250# and 60 years old, any thoughts, any body got one? how is it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Okay, I'll chime in. The guys I know who have or have or had one were more seasoned (older), it wasn't their only bike and they all liked the Thruxton. Many custom add-ons available. There are several really nicely modified ones that appear at The Rock Store now and again. These big buck customs are mostly made to look like earlier road racers and I drool over them every time they roll in. The position? What'a ya gonna do an Iron Butt on it? Think of it a s a good core workout.

By the way $7500 sounds like the top end of the price range IMHO.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a 2005 Bonneville T100 which has a slightly different riding position than the Thruxton. I am 5'4" and weigh about 150 and am 58 years old. The T100 and standard Bonneville both have a similar riding position as the TW. Ride the Thruxton first and see if the lean forward position is something that you like. Most people think that it is very comfortable. Look at Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums and go to twins to see all the Thruxton and Bonneville stuff. It's a great website. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts