TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
A gyrocopter is what you need Fred. Short take off and landing, open cockpit like a TW. You could buzz your critters while they have a photography session at their studios around your place. You can have both air and ground patrol around your property.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife also likes the Burt Rutan designs, especially when done in her favorite Blue Angels blue. 257fc341e82442cd46c364ccbe3946e6.jpg

Maybe it’s just the blue uniform that does it. e5762642948c9dcc64ac8b6c4f618c2d-2.jpg
That plus their flying. 2a364cf56089fe6753a1cb2989c435ed.jpg

So you can see what I am up against.:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to comment on this one. I have debated over the years to build a airplane. One thing with a home built you can work on them yourself and my wife is a A&P. What I discovered that a lot of others begin to build a home built and decide to sell the kit partiality completed, medical is a big reason. Many are available and if you can wait you will find the one you want. Vans RV series is a favorite of mine. Local chapters of the EAA is a good start. It the end just buying a completed aircraft or a Cessna is a time saver and most of the time money also. Good luck.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I flew a powered parachute and they’re a hoot. Probably the safest way to fly and there are ways to be able to service and maintain your aircraft yourself, legally. Just got tired of having to make a drive to be able to fly.

That being said, if you can realistically decide what type of flying you will be doing there is an aircraft to be built.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I’ld like one big enough to take my dog so we could rain barks down from the sky.
I have two diffeent sets of plans for tandem aircraft. One will get off the ground in 50ft, same for landing. Will fly at 15mph and cruise at 100. It is all metal or can be skinned with fabric, builders choice. Is one I would love to build. I suppose I could knock a set of plans out with the ones I have.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
6:39 -- I think they were onto something ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts