TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am once again pondering getting another trials motorcycle.
In the past I have owned: 74 TY250, 76 TY175, 78 TY250 (my first), 84 Beta TR32 and 96 Scorpa Easy.

My neighbour has his 2013 Beta 300 EVO up for sale as he just got a 2019 Beta 300 EVO SS.
The bike is well maintained and has not been ridden hard.

My son would get back the WR250r and my daughter the TW200 on the provision I may ride them.

My stable would then have the VStrom 650 for Adventure and light off road, the DT200 for more spirited off road and exploring and a Beta for fine tuning my riding abilities and riding those really nasty trails.

Thoughts

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
I'm lazy. I gotta sit! Would be a stellar bike on Golden Spike et al.

[h=1]2013 BETA Evo 300 Factory[/h]

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
ej; having had 5 - why have you gotten rid of them; and what would be different this time. I think it would be cool. Had a friend with one in san diego and watched a competition back when Geoff Aaron was u.s. champ. saw some amazing stuff.

·
Registered
552 Posts
With your amazing riding ability it seems like having the vstrom, dt200, and beta in the garage would cover all of your possible riding conditions and needs. The wr and dt seem too similar in purpose to keep both if handing down the wr makes room for a trials bike.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ej; having had 5 - why have you gotten rid of them; and what would be different this time. I think it would be cool. Had a friend with one in san diego and watched a competition back when Geoff Aaron was u.s. champ. saw some amazing stuff.
78 TY250 gotten stollen and thrashed
76 TY250 - not a 250
74 TY250 - no where near as fun as the 78
TR32 - I messed up the tranny
Scorpa - not as nice as the TR32
AND Linda said I had to get rid of some bikes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a TW200 and a 74 TY 250, both for specific riding styles.

I am once again pondering getting another trials motorcycle.
In the past I have owned: 74 TY250, 76 TY175, 78 TY250 (my first), 84 Beta TR32 and 96 Scorpa Easy.

My neighbour has his 2013 Beta 300 EVO up for sale as he just got a 2019 Beta 300 EVO SS.
The bike is well maintained and has not been ridden hard.

My son would get back the WR250r and my daughter the TW200 on the provision I may ride them.

My stable would then have the VStrom 650 for Adventure and light off road, the DT200 for more spirited off road and exploring and a Beta for fine tuning my riding abilities and riding those really nasty trails.

Thoughts
I use both. The trials for technical crawling, the TDub for hunting. It’s got racks at both ends, tool tube, and a milk crate. I also have a scabbard my browning 300 winmag goes in. It works perfectly! The Dub is a awesome hunting bike.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've been keeping my eyes open for a DT200 but decent ones at a reasonable price don't come arround often. As for the Beta I must say Trial bikes and their riders amaze me however at this point in my life I doubt if I could manage the skill required to make one shine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts