·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old war injury. Happened when I was learning to salute.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What brings a tear to my eye is the fact that some jerkweed scored it and allowed it to rot.

What does not bring a tear to my eye is the fact that even in this economy there are still people who recognize the significance of this particular example, will covet it and give it a good home.

Other'n that it's just another $3,000 basket case.

A friend of mine scored Cooter's tow truck from the original Dukes of Hazard. It was wasting away in some back lot with a tree growing between the cab and bed. While not as significant as the Fonz's bike, a lot of Hollyweird stuff ends up that way. The desrt is full of things like Roy Rogers' various vehicles over the years. They were bought at auction, sold for scrap, or given away as junk and used as farm vehicles til they died in some alfalfa field somewhere. I recently located and old Chevy truck with the outline "Roy Rogers, King of the Cowboys" still feintly visible on the door panels. Totally unrestorable and rotted beyond saving. Who knew?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Russ, Want to buy some cap pistols. I'm sure they were endorsed by both Roy and Gene Autry. Send me all your money and I'll get them to you as soon as possible. I'll guarantee that I've fired them every 4th of July since Hector was a pup. Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts