TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get to meet so many good people right here that I never really get to meet. We are spread out from coast to coast and borders to borders and I think most of us only get to get up close and personal with a small handful of other members.

How cool is it that we share our stories, share our ride pictures and share our collective knowledge about our bikes with guys and gals we will probably never get to meet and ride with? Many of us trade parts back and forth and we form real bonds but never get to know each other. Unlike other forums I have not really seen any bickering or the typical disrespectful slamming of other members. We don't have any dumb questions being asked or the short answers like "Go search for yourself, asked and answered many times".

All of this happens here with very little moderator involvement! It is all about a simple little bike and lots of great members who just kick things back and forth and even when there are some seemingly harsh exchanges from time to time they get ironed out pretty quick among ourselves.

I sure hope some of the group rides and get togethers we are trying to put together in honor of our fallen pal, Lizrdbrth, Russ Austin gives us all a shot at meeting others in your general areas. Just think about how intimidating a motorcycle gang of 30 or more regular guys and gals on TWs would be! Check these threads and do your best to make it to one of the many meets we are trying to have in the upcoming year. Put one together in your own area and post it up here and see who will show up. Most of all, fill in your forum profile so we can all know where you are from and get a general idea of your age group and the type of riding you like to do.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I agree 100%, this place is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other forums out there, almost no bickering and such a great bunch of folks that have one thing in common, the TW200. I offered to mod here a while back and my offer was accepted. I've been a mod on another, busier forum for a few years now. Here, I've never had to get involved in a dispute, the most moderation I've had to do was move a thread or two to the proper section or delete spam posts. This forum helped me decide to buy a TW and mod it to my liking and bit of $$ later... I have MY TW that I most likely will never sell, I LOVE this bike and this forum!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I agree 100%, this place is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other forums out there, almost no bickering and such a great bunch of folks that have one thing in common, the TW200. I offered to mod here a while back and my offer was accepted. I've been a mod on another, busier forum for a few years now. Here, I've never had to get involved in a dispute, the most moderation I've had to do was move a thread or two to the proper section or delete spam posts. This forum helped me decide to buy a TW and mod it to my liking and bit of $$ later... I have MY TW that I most likely will never sell, I LOVE this bike and this forum!

Erm excuse me..... 125???? ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I wonder if folks enjoy their $25000 bikes as much as we enjoy our little $4000 bikes. We must be a happier bunch. This is the only forum I belong to, I read other forums and even RV forums, people argue and bicker. I suppose that some folks are not as happy with their $500,000 motorhomes as we are with a low cost, underpowered trail bike.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I bet I can come up with at least 3 riders here in Mich.. Maybe a few more with time.. Any other Mich. riders "report" in. OMM.

How about you Tirebiter?????????

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bet I can come up with at least 3 riders here in Mich.. Maybe a few more with time.. Any other Mich. riders "report" in. OMM.

The road out in front of my house is a big time MC ride route. I'll be working in the open garage or playing in the yard with the dog and I can hear that easily identified sound of a TW passing by. I know there has to be a dozen or more TWs fairly local to me but I guess they are not on the board here. I have also seen TWs parked and thought if I had a sticky note pad with the site on it I could stick one on the tank. Hint, Hint!

GaryL

·
Registered
99 Posts
How about making the turtle palooza this year one of those types of meetings. I know it is the eastern side of the US (deals gap area)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Sure, I'd like to get together. I'm sure you and your better half have some favorite back road routes worth exploring. I ride my road bike through your area on trips to Lake Michigan and such. I try to stay off the beaten path.

I'm hard to catch up with though. My problem is that I'm involved in a lot of different things. I'm a moderator/founder on a car forum that has a tight knit community a lot like the group here, just a little less talkative. We don't have the turnover of new members like here but most have been online friends since the '90s and have become very close off line friends over the years as we get together for all sorts of reasons, much like we're doing here with the Russ memorial rides and the "meet & greets". These get-togethers definitely work. Some of my closest friends have evolved from things like this.

I have classic cars and crew for a land speed racer at events in Ohio, Texas, and Bonneville. The car is in Chelsea, OK and going through major changes so I go there often. I've got many other time consuming interests but listing them would be boring for most (probably already is). I live in NW Mich when I get summer "down time" and that's where I become a hermit and do most of my TW riding. Maybe I could host a ride around there if there is any interest.

Not much grass growing under my feet, OMM, but name a time and place and I'll do my best to be there.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Sure, I'd like to get together. I'm sure you and your better half have some favorite back road routes worth exploring. I ride my road bike through your area on trips to Lake Michigan and such. I try to stay off the beaten path.

I'm hard to catch up with though. My problem is that I'm involved in a lot of different things. I'm a moderator/founder on a car forum that has a tight knit community a lot like the group here, just a little less talkative. We don't have the turnover of new members like here but most have been online friends since the '90s and have become very close off line friends over the years as we get together for all sorts of reasons, much like we're doing here with the Russ memorial rides and the "meet & greets". These get-togethers definitely work. Some of my closest friends have evolved from things like this.

I have classic cars and crew for a land speed racer at events in Ohio, Texas, and Bonneville. The car is in Chelsea, OK and going through major changes so I go there often. I've got many other time consuming interests but listing them would be boring for most (probably already is). I live in NW Mich when I get summer "down time" and that's where I become a hermit and do most of my TW riding. Maybe I could host a ride around there if there is any interest.

Not much grass growing under my feet, OMM, but name a time and place and I'll do my best to be there.
How about a land speed record T.W.?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
363 Posts
Gary, right on about the Forum. It's the best.

Will

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I wonder if folks enjoy their $25000 bikes as much as we enjoy our little $4000 bikes. We must be a happier bunch. This is the only forum I belong to, I read other forums and even RV forums, people argue and bicker. I suppose that some folks are not as happy with their $500,000 motorhomes as we are with a low cost, underpowered trail bike.
Thing is about those 25000 dollar bikes, is when they put a set of ape hangers on, risers under them, loud pipes, bags, and what all, they could have bought a TW with what they put in trimmings on them, not to mention sinking several thousand to make sure it has the biggest engine possible with the smallest tank. Then they are stuck in town whereas, we are free to go anywhere we please and still go in and have a cool one as we park our little fun bikes along theirs lol. I have pulled up many times with my little fat tired steed, and it is surprising how those leather jacket patched up folks take notice as we wipe the dust off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
One of the best forums I've been to! Really nice community. Ever since I joined the forum I've been craving more modifications and parts... but mainly you guys have just inspired me to keep riding. Keep it up, folks!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts