TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My maternal Grandfather was a Canadian Scotsman. He lied about his age and served as a forward scout in the First World War. He also fought in WWII. He was a mensch. His medals and his revolver are cherished memories. RIP Grandpa Buchanan. I realize this is American, but he loved Amazing Grace on the pipes. I sincerely hope he can hear it.

Makes trivial squabbles seem petty, doesn't it?

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
I am humbled. And appreciative. However if you make me cry one more time today Borneo it will be very difficult to maintain a macho personna. Great video, great words, thanks.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yep..

·
Registered
385 Posts
A Canadian Friend is a Piper. When he plays this, it makes my skin crawl. It is very humbling to me. Very touched by this.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That photo montage with the bag pipe music SCREAMS what Memorial Day is about! I have a very difficult time having respect for our government that does not take care of our veterans.
I am one.
Mel

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tears. Went to the funerals of playmate's dads, then older friends during the Viet Nam era, then same age friends from conflict in Granada and Africa, then younger friends, friends of my children, and children of my friends who have been killed in the Middle East. What is WRONG with DC? Just another reason for hating ourselves for doing nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts