Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Thanks brother Tom!! :D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Boy do I need Dryden right about now. Being a complete Techno-dork I just got myself way over my head with a new ride. Bought a 2016 Toyota 4 Runner Limited and it came with a host of fancy functions I know nothing about. For God's sake, the damn radio talks to me and asks me questions and it is spooky when I am driving all alone. The radio goes silent and some gal says "You have a new text message, would you like me to read it to you" WTF? There is a button for APPS that I don't dare touch out of pure fear I might end up on some Russian dating site or some such similar place I don't want to go to. I did hook up my I phone with the car and now the car has all my contacts in the radio head unit and she asks me who I would like to call and where would you like to go. This is worse than having my wife with me while driving.:eek:

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Tom, you hooked me up nicely. No more problems at all with Chrome and the adblocker!! Sweet Dude....Thanks bro!! :p

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
The problem I had was I had recently downloaded windows 10 and it was highjacking my internet explorer and freezing up in the middle of things over and over all day and night long. I would see a little icon in my tabs that I had opened and running that would say "this tab is playing media" I would shut down the process's that were eating up all my resources, but it just came back over and over. Also, windows 10 does not have an ad blocker available yet, so I was getting all that junk too. I was ready to re install my previous windows version and go back to it. I realized though at some point that my previous version would no longer be supported and I would have no option but to buy windows 10 again. Needless to say, I was very frustrated with it and what to do about it. I contacted Tom and he suggested using the Chrome browser and the adblocker extension for it. I'm no computer wizard and was a little hesitant, but I trust our brother Tom, so ahead I went. A few minutes later, all problems were solved and I couldn't be happier!! Thanks Tom!! You rock Bro!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Actually I made out like a bandit... As we were talking, he mentioned Granny had been visiting and had made 120 dozen (yes, 120 dozen) cookies and would I like some delivered... :D (you guys know I'm a chow hound) (although not as bad as Fred..ha ha)

So...not only is my computer working like a champ, I've got cookies on the way too!!! Yeah Baby!!! :p

You rock bro...You Rock!!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
All good forums need a computer wizard and I nominate Dryden TW to be ours! He pointed both me a Zdiver to a new chrome book lap top and I have been using mine ever since. No more BS updates at all and no more garbage with virus and worms.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All good forums need a computer wizard and I nominate Dryden TW to be ours! He pointed both me a Zdiver to a new chrome book lap top and I have been using mine ever since. No more BS updates at all and no more garbage with virus and worms.

GaryL

They may not be for everybody Gary, but a lot of people would be super pleased if they just gave them a try. I have tons of computer experience and many different laptops, tablets, smartphones etc. but my Chromebook is my daily workhorse. Just a pleasure to use and abuse without worry. Glad you have enjoyed yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
They may not be for everybody Gary, but a lot of people would be super pleased if they just gave them a try. I have tons of computer experience and many different laptops, tablets, smartphones etc. but my Chromebook is my daily workhorse. Just a pleasure to use and abuse without worry. Glad you have enjoyed yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Tom
Get your arse down here so I can get this BS Toyota ENTUNE thing working. I can't do it from home because the bluetooth crap won't work through my only signal which is WiFi. I have to go to where I have a cellular signal and then follow the dopey instructions on some other device that is not hooked up! WTF????

GaryL

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get your arse down here so I can get this BS Toyota ENTUNE thing working. I can't do it from home because the bluetooth crap won't work through my only signal which is WiFi. I have to go to where I have a cellular signal and then follow the dopey instructions on some other device that is not hooked up! WTF????

GaryL
I am off work Monday and Tuesday where ya wanna meet?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I am off work Monday and Tuesday where ya wanna meet?

Tom

Road trip Monday or Tuesday! Wife is off work too so pick a spot closer to you where we, your wife too if possible, can do a nice lunch or dinner on my dimes. Too bad we can't get some fishing or golf in at the same time!

GaryL

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Road trip Monday or Tuesday! Wife is off work too so pick a spot closer to you where we, your wife too if possible, can do a nice lunch or dinner on my dimes. Too bad we can't get some fishing or golf in at the same time!

GaryL
Wife is working so just me.... I am at Connors hockey game now so I will contact you when I am done. Sounds like plans are forming

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Wife is working so just me.... I am at Connors hockey game now so I will contact you when I am done. Sounds like plans are forming

Tom

Yahoo! December 13 and I hope to be golfing by noon tomorrow! Hit me when you get home on the phone but keep in mind I am an old guy and find the bed around 9.:D

GaryL

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yahoo! December 13 and I hope to be golfing by noon tomorrow! Hit me when you get home on the phone but keep in mind I am an old guy and find the bed around 9.:D

GaryL
Yeah but you old guys get up to pee like ten times a night so I like my odds!

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Yeah but you old guys get up to pee like ten times a night so I like my odds!

Tom

OK Richard Head! Your odds are getting worse by the year so get prepared! Actually, I sleep through the night until about 5 AM and then it is a race to the john!

GaryL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts