TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Active Advisory: Tornado Watch, Severe Thunderstorm Warning, Flood Warning, Flash Flood Watch (US Severe Weather) Active Notice: Record Report

Lights keep blinking.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
It's terrible!! I bought my tw about a month ago and it's rained almost every day since then. I'm south of Indianapolis so maybe I should put a bighorn on the back and some pontoons on and float down south to dryer land and do some riding.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am in SW Arizona for the winter, and live in east central Illinois. I have emailed I guy I helped farm, and he said it is so wet you leave tracks mowing the yard.

Even though we can get windy out here, we don't have to deal with the rain.

We always stay until the freeze thaw is over, and the wind rain starts to drop off at home. One of these is bad enough, but yo put a 3 together, and it just spoils the fun.

I ride everyday out here, unless we go do something else.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode up to a Yamaha shop in Fort Worth while the rain and hail was falling, the wind was blowing about 60mph, and the tornado sirens were blaring. I stepped up on the porch, pulled off my helmet and gloves, stepped inside, only to be told by one of the group of idle salesidiots clustered in the aisle that I can't ride in that kind of weather. I replied that all it takes is a real motorcycle, shrugged, and walked on to the parts counter. Tdub just sat out there in the rain making snerking sounds. Once I finished my business I headed for the door while pulling on my helmet and one of the sales idiots asked if I was really going out and riding in that mess. I told him no without missing a beat, headed out, fired up Tdub, and rode off through the storm. Last I saw all the salesidiots where
. I'm sure their manhoods were quite shriveled. I think Tdub flipped them the bird as we jumped the curb, but I can't be sure.

EDIT: Here we go again.

I'm about at the white scope crosshairs halfway between Memphis and Hopkinsville and that big red blob northeast of Memphis is aimed right for us. Verified 80mph straightline winds last night. I've heard rumors the forecast is for more intense weather this time around.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I prefer earthquakes, only last about 45 seconds.

haahaahaa An earthquake of any consequence around here would trash everything in a 300 mile radius. Last major earthquakes about 200 years ago the surface of the earth had rolling swells like on the ocean.

Wet everywhere.

More to come.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got Tadpots swiming in my backyard and yesterday I put together Frostie The Hail man in my front lawn!!!! Just cant ride any thing other than a boat here in the last couple of days!!! Man!!! we got tornados all around us here!!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep your head down. Current radar looks like the last of it is finally past. Three dry days in the forecast, rain over the weekend, then drying out next week, but fairly cool temps.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have just seen the tornados on the BBC news.

I hope you are all safe.
Thanks.

Over 300 people dead and missing all across the southeast. Thousands of injuries. Many lives saved due to Doplar radar, the few minutes warning provided by recently installed warning systems, ongoing public education systems, and other emergency preparedness investments. Some small towns no longer exist.

Collision repair shops around here have storm-damaged vehicles lined up for repair. Many downed trees. Estimates of ~200 homes damaged by falling trees, wind, and/or flying debris kicked up by straightline winds over 80mph. All roads around here closed by downed trees have been at least partially cleared and reopened. Many low-lying roads still closed due to flooding and damage to the road base/levee due to flooding.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here we go again.

Three more days of cold, wind, and rain in the forecast.

I rode out to the farm today. All but a couple hundred acres are planted. Good thing--all this rain has delayed corn planting by a month, so the local distilleries will be paying well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts