TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Weight with radiators, coolant, & fuel injection and engine output might be nice to know.
Marketing types of course tipped the photo off horizontal to exaggerate the appearent steepness of slope the bike is ascending but no surprises there, that sort of mis-representation is all to common.
Hopefully bike lives up to it’s hype and is not just another wanna-be adventure bike pretender for city folks. Add does say it is good in the city and also good to drive above city and then look back down into city. Sounds like a bike targeted for mostly urban operation.
The $200 premium for the digital camouflage might be better spent towards any rack or luggage options if ever available...that is unless you like the digital camo. KLX250-2.jpg

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Like it....sure it's a $1000 more than the TW, but I could use both :) Reminds me of my first "Dual Sport" the 1974 Kaw 250 Dual Sport...but with better "tools" and stuff:

Kawasaki 1974 250.jpg

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I had a KLX250s. It was too tall for me (especially trying it off road). A very positive note will be the fuel injection - cause it was the cold heartedest s.o.b. I've ever had. As soon as the weather turned cool; I'd have to put a heater next to the engine to get it to start. If it was really cold out; I wouldn't take it a mile to the store - for fear it would not start back up. Guessing weight specs etc. would be similar even with upgrades.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looks like it splits the difference between the CR250l and (no longer available) WR250R. I read a couple of other write ups (all mostly the same marketing copy and paste). Has more adjustabilty suspension wise then the Honda, same motor as prior generations KLX with added fuel injection stainless and catalytic converter (ugh). If it was a 300 or 350 with the six speed, it would be in my garage, potentially replacing my 98 DR350. I love the DR, but when it goes to MC heaven, it will be over, as motor parts are becoming as rare as hens teeth. No mention where it is built, but I assume not in Japan, based on price.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree, it's more like a WR250r, which appears to back on the lineup for 2018. https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/dual-sportBut in the end, it's not going to be much better for exploring, riding slow trails and fire roads than our TWs. The Kawi Versys 300 or 650 are my Kawi dream choices for tdub stable mate. From all the reviews would handle highway speeds for extended periods nicely.

#GYG

'13 TW200

A.T.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
8 up.jpg

I admit it, some of the stuff on my TW is all about vanity. But some if for function.
But those long rear fenders (IMO) take away from the bike's rad appeal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts