17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I like that one the best too!

Dan, I'm having a problem....

I'm starting to want one of these pretty bad bro....

I probably need to get into some counseling soon....

Before it's too late.

:D

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Yeah, I like that one the best too!

Dan, I'm having a problem....

I'm starting to want one of these pretty bad bro....

I probably need to get into some counseling soon....

Before it's too late.

:D
I hear counselors make good money. You should have enough for a beamer in no time:D

Tom

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have to sell the HD, so we'll see next year what happens. I sure do like them though!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Nothing against HD's, I've owned 6 of them and I like them. BUT, several years ago I picked up a ratty old R75/6 cheap, thought I'd fix it up and make a few bucks off it. When I had it ready to roll I took it on a shake down ride to Tulsa and back, a little over a 600 mile day. When I got home I sold my Shovelhead and never looked back. :D

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a bulged disc in my back and the HD hurts me if I hit potholes, so it's gotta go at some point.

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Horrible feeling isn't it. Hurts all day long. I already have a disc removed, two vertrabre cut in half and gone and part of my hip gone for the L4-5 and down vertrabre fusion. Of course it's the next disc above all this that's bad now....I just can't go through surgery again..yet. :dispirited:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Damn that's rough Tommy, Yeah it hurts 24 hours a day, and my left leg and foot have been numb for four years, with the non stop burning sensation in my calf. I refuse to let them cut on me, and I refuse pain medication. That's why I sold the TW and got the little Honda, it hurts less to ride it.:D

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan, my brother, I do understand. I have to be sitting around here in tears for days before I will even think about taking pills for pain. I hate them. Once, maybe twice a year I might have to take some and/or go into emergency. A little weed every day goes a long way towards helping. It's no cure-all, but sure does help.

Hang in there Dan, as you already know, getting old ain't for sissies. :cool:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
No pills at all? I take Naproxen -or generic. Started taking for my ankle in 94. Now it's mostly for my back. I can ride my TW without much pain, it's walking after that's a challenge. Just like kayaking after 2 hours legs are numb.

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O, I've got stuff to help, but I hate taking it, so don't. I'm trying to help my kidneys and liver last longer. I suffer through all the time, but it does take a toll on you. I believe not taking all those pills these many years has extended my life already. In the end, pump me full of that stuff, but for now, less is better. I treat weed the same way. I don't use it unless I need it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have some stronger stuff- I too hate taking it but have too. I have thought about weed. Tried it and didn't like it in the 80's
but have been told it's much different now. I couldn't smoke it with my sinus problems so it would have to be an edible.
It's weird I had some very strong and very addicting pills after my surgeries. Dr and nurses said take it before you have pain. I had a pain pump they forgot to tell me about the button. So when the visiting nurse came she freaked. Started hitting the button and I got instant relief. Didn't have to use it again.
Stopped taking the pills and saved them for my bad days.
Now here's the weirdest, my cousins friend cut off her finger. Was on the same pills- loved them, she said she was glad when she used them all and Dr wouldn't refill. Because if she had gotten more she'd be an addict.

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts