TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to tease all of you with heavy equipment experience. Who would try these creek crossing?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That is pure pucker time regardless of who is operating it. I will admit, it is something they would ask me to do because no one else would do it.
Mel

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Sure! I'd check the load capacity of the structure first, then drive right across. No biggie.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Qwerty, do you think they have a load capacity posted on that bridge??? What if one cable is longer than the other under that much weight?
Mel

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Judging from the bridges' appearances they've been there a long, long time and have had many different things driven across them. If the bridges were going to fail they would have a long time ago. Besides, a swinging bridge of the type in the videos becomes more stable the more weight is on it. No what ifs, put your big boy panties on and drive with care.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'ld still want to check it out on foot.
. images-2.jpeg

Maybe replace a few missing boards before driving it.
images.jpeg

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Obviously, Fred, one must be capable of picking and riding a line with competence before taking a TW across that bridge.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very true qwerty. I'ld probably just pick and ride a line to the ferry boat instead. That I could probably do with competence.:D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Those bridges look in better shape than ours in Mich.......:dontknow:Not enough tea in China for me to do that. Pun intended...........
:laughing4:

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nice collection of adventurous bridges, I'ld be right there with you. Life is about adventure, why not?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts