·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
a few?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like her Avatar
Never hurts to be informed . Course I was the Dem that turned into a Republican . Always waning t to be informed / Another case of being informed is listening to this tribe . if I don't like what I am hearing I can move on to the next post . Freedom to choose is still good here in AMERICA and so far I have not used the option to move to the next post as all of them are interesting , Funny thing is the Dems went so far felt they fell off the cliff , the REPUBS are where the Dems were 5 years ago and the commies are taking the Repubs place in world views today

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Shouldn't this thread be posted in "off topic"? Clearly it does not pertain to the mighty TW.:rolleyes::p

Tom

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Ban him for posting political stuff in the off-topic forum? Or ban you for posting off-topic stuff in the tw200 general discussion thread? Im confused but at least he is posting in the right place. You ol farts still havin problems figuring out how this works?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Shouldn't this thread be posted in "off topic"? Clearly it does not pertain to the mighty TW.:rolleyes::p

Tom
Absolutely right on the mark!

I am not afraid to discuss politics in the Off Topic section. Politics in our world affects every last one of us and there is no way to hide from them. Giving up, refusing to vote and totally choosing to remain uninformed IN MY HUMBLE OPINION is ignorant. Crying and bellyaching about what others discuss in the right forums puts you in a class of those seeking to Censor and as long as Americans maintain the right to free speech you won't get me in your corner. I am a Vietnam veteran and I was willing to die to protect this right for all of us! Every keyboard has a delete key and every mouse that got you here can get you out with a simple click.

GaryL

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Absolutely right on the mark!

I am not afraid to discuss politics in the Off Topic section. Politics in our world affects every last one of us and there is no way to hide from them. Giving up, refusing to vote and totally choosing to remain uninformed IN MY HUMBLE OPINION is ignorant. Crying and bellyaching about what others discuss in the right forums puts you in a class of those seeking to Censor and as long as Americans maintain the right to free speech you won't get me in your corner. I am a Vietnam veteran and I was willing to die to protect this right for all of us! Every keyboard has a delete key and every mouse that got you here can get you out with a simple click.

GaryL

Operation "Just cause" and "Desert shield/Desert storm". I would die today defending peoples rights to say stupid shit if it were required.

Tom

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thread needs to be in Off Topic.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Oh Boy!!!
Here we go again. Too bad. Like the idea of not reading something if you don't like it. But unfortunately in order to determine if you like a post or not one must read it first. But then it's too late and I wasted my time. I could have gone riding instead.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Guys, I'm not for blocking anybody....ignore is the best way to go....we don't want to be like those assholes at ADVrider....Hell I was banned for far less....I was guilty so they say of ripping the Mods for their one sided{left wing} treatment in the basement....do we really want to be like those bottom feeders??? Just giving my 2 cents..

·
Banned
38 Posts
There is no reason for this thread except as a personal attack on me. So you don't like politics or just my politics? That is why you attack me. And what about the crazy people saying i'm someone they know what is that about. I remind you of your demons? I'm not your demon. If you don't like me ignore me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Maybe here's a solution for the moderators... We have a "like" and "share" button below each post, why not make a "dislike" button as well. If the "Original" post at the top of the page receives greater than let's say 60% "Dislikes" of the page visits by different members (kinda like you can't "Like" an individual post more than once) the software could automatically send the posting to a "Gutter" folder where anyone interested in the banter would have to actively seek it out. OR just making it so "off topic" stuff doesn't show up in the "active topic" /"recent threads" portion of the site.

The "dislike" button could also be used to vote undesirables off our island.

Some might call this censorship BUT, it is actually social course correction... Back in history, it was okay to marry first cousins, 13 year old children, etc; now it isn't. For those who don't share the common opinion with everyone else, their opinions get sent to the "gutter" and become marginalized.

If a thread hijack turns into a personal attack, the "Dislike" button could be used in a similar fashion to move those posts to a PM for those involved. I don't know if we have the ability to block members from sending us PMs but adding that ability so we won't receive continual attacks from members we don't want to hear from would hopefully alleviate some of the drama.

There will always be people to "stir the pot" but by others not responding, they usually move on to better fishing grounds.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
:confused::clock: I'm still trying to figure out if RPG stands for Rocket Propelled Grenade or Role Playing Games :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
ha ha, probably both.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.