1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
They were 1500 when they were in preorder.

Cannot fathom spending that much on technology built INTO a helmet.

There was another company called (something like) Nuvix that had a unit that did HUD and was moveable to other helmets.

With all the assholes out there texting and driving like they are entitled to the whole road, I think paying attention to what is going on OUTSIDE the helmet is more important than playing with toys INSIDE the helmet.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent point. :D

Reactions: TWilight

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have always admired how much rubber you have left on the roads over the years Mike. I wouldn't want one either for the same reason, and I certainly couldn't afford one anyway. But...I wouldn't mind Baby Sister wearing one as a passenger, though, just in case I didn't see something coming up on me! :D

O yeah, and it was probably me who posted it the last two times....anyway. :p

Just interested in what people think... :)

Ride on bro, Ride on... (and I'm not talking about sealer and balancer) :p

Reactions: TWilight

·
Super Moderator
5,319 Posts
Too many distractions - are you riding the bike, or seeing what the helmet can do ? - because one of them can kill you

I have a sat nav in the car - it will tell you present time - time to target - miles to target - total miles - current speed - speed limit - camera locations - present position - lane changes coming up - road names to the side of you - and so much more, all on a 4 inch screen. The only way you can take all that in is when you're cruising with little traffic around you.

But what it is good for is voice - just listen to it, and it will tell you all you really need to know. The other stuff is nice, but too cluttered when you should be looking at the road. Your brain can, to an extent, multi-task – but take it too far and you’ll find yourself no better than all these guys on mobile phones you (quite rightly) keep slagging off.

Keep it simple – keep it real – and keep it safe ……..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts