Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the most heavy duty cooler

Attachments

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Put the case of beer in Cold and fill it with ice. This is really not a true test. Ice coolers suffer most from being opened and closed all the time. Do your test and drink the beer at the end. Do another test but drink the beer during the week opening and closing the lid each time you need a beer. I think you will have good results with test one and acceptable results with test two but either way you should be pretty happy just drinking cold beer.

Did you ever notice that a beer from the fridge is pretty good but the same beer from an icy cooler is way better?

GaryL

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
You guys are a bad influence! It is 2 PM on a hot and muggy day and I just finished rebuilding a nice Johnson Outboard motor I plan to flip. It could storm any moment and the clouds are forming but the sun keeps popping out and it is not a good day for a ride here. It must be Beer O'clock somewhere and that's my plan.

GaryL:eek:ccasion14:

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Be daring, go for a ride, it's an adventure! :)

*that is, unless you are getting to old....

;)

You guys are a bad influence! It is 2 PM on a hot and muggy day and I just finished rebuilding a nice Johnson Outboard motor I plan to flip. It could storm any moment and the clouds are forming but the sun keeps popping out and it is not a good day for a ride here. It must be Beer O'clock somewhere and that's my plan.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts

I'd join you but have a 4 O'clock Double Header.....:mad:

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
That is impressive!

GaryL

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Opening and closing them a lot is what melts the ice faster. Like opening the frig when power is out. Years ago we tent camped.
We aways had everything cold to start with. Back then we (as kids) didn't drink a a lot of pop. We waked to hand pump and drank water.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And my Ice test was a very good deal I had the chest in my garage yes in the shade but it was over 100 in the garage and the ice lasted 8 days the ice was not hard solid cubes but cubes with a hole in the center . so up north it should go 10 plus days.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
This is yet another reason I bought an RV.

Electric/propane powered fridge. ;)

And a shower after the ride. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts