TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Wow, interesting Fred! Thanks for sharing! I hate the wet weather!

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
It's not the age of the vehicle, it's the mileage.

I just missed it, but I think Fred was there.
Fred is pretty incredible in my book. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
"I'm eating the cows, but I'm only one man.........."

Ron White

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I thought we all could use a little lesson in geologic time. It might help us feel a little younger, and if not about us at least about our wives. "Gee Honey, you're a lot younger than that glacier. Now why are you getting all frigid on me now".

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I haven't pooped in day's. That glacier is moving like greased lightning compared to my bowels:eek: Too much info?

Tom

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Too much cow.
Funniest post of the night! Told you I was in a crate paper and crayon kinda mood. I actually drooled a bit laughing...... You are awesome!

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The Mississippi Valley suffered a similar fate. The last continental glacier pushed up a huge moraine in front of it as it crept south, which acted as a dam when the glacier started to recede, holding back a large quantity of water that eventually breached the dam and caused a huge flood. That is why the south banks of the Missouri and Ohio Rivers border hills, and the north banks of the same rivers border flatlands, at least as far up river as the first fall lines.

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Since modern man had only a verbal tradition at end of last ice age is is understandable that some 6,000 plus flood stories abound around the planet as memories of massive releases of formerly ice-bound water get passed down from generation to generation. Scholars may argue if our biblical flood story was inspired by breach of Bosphorus linking Mediterranean with Black Sea but countless other myths exist in cultures isolated from Mediterranean influences. All I know is that in north america there is widespread evidence of massive floods, sometimes we humorously exploit them like this sign in Idaho where stream rounded basalt boulders abound. th-31.jpeg

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love Idaho, just like teasing you guys from the Gem State. And Athol really is a much nicer little town than you'd think from the name. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts