TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
You have to be very self centered and not let anything or anyone get in your way. Also don't own anything like a house or car. You don't want a home to come back to as now the entire world is your home. You have to be good at selling yourself!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Excellent!
When I was in my 20's I traveled with no money, met people, learned new things, worked odd jobs to earn just enough to keep going...
It was a great time and I really enjoyed it.

Would I sell everything and hit the road now? No.
When young you believe everything is possible and that everything will work out good.
Then we get older...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Where does she get her $ to be a free spirit?
I always wondered the same thing so I'll rattle on with a few of my thoughts. Because we now have the internet and Youtube and other media a person can set up a "channel" and make money from Youtube advertisers, viewers donations via Paypal etc and Patreon which gives donors exclusive video content. It gets into a political/ moral argument but some also derive an income from disability with some being truly in need and some not so much but enough of that issue. There is also an ongoing argument about people being Ebeggars on Youtube. There are perfectly able bodied young people who pack up their van or RV or motorcycle and head out depending on support by posting videos of their travels. On one hand some call them Ebeggars but at the same time no one is holding a gun to anyone head to donate. Some may feel that donating is fine because it's just another form of entertainment. I can relate to that because some would ask if all I do is sit on the internet yet they find it perfectly normal for the next person to watch the boob tube all day. So instead of watching tv as we have for the last 50 ish years people are now free to watch a persons content directly and support their efforts or if their content sucks they will fade away. Some call it a fool and his money but One mans trash is another mans treasure. I dont donate to any of them as I choose to spend it directly on traveling myself :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I say kudos to her for finding a way to live her dream. Making videos that are engaging is not easy and if she has managed to get 20k subscribers that means people like what she is doing. Also I've seen some of her earlier videos and I don't think she has a lot of money. She couldn't afford decent gear and all she could afford was a helmet that wasn't even for her size.

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
While I can dream of me riding west into the sun with the wind whipping through my long golden locks of hair (now gray), I would miss my wife, dog, NASCAR, and Ice Cream...so not a reality for me. Good for her. I do see she likes her makeup though.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts