Discussion Starter #3
2016 CRF L

2014 Piaggio BV 350

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's faster than a TW... :D

I did watch a video of one and it was keeping right up with other bikes on the road. It's supposedly a quality little scooter.

I'd be interested to see how that scooter with the 350cc engine would go...

·
Registered
928 Posts
PM sent :)

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, at least I can say that even as a stuck up Harley rider, I always waved to the folks on their little scooters...I wonder if they will wave at me now...haha
Go scooter! You know what they say about scotters and ...... they are fun to ride, but you don't want your buddies to see you riding one. Most of us are old enough to not care, or we wouldnt ride TWs!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have a buddy with a scooter, though not a 350. He really digs it. Between the two, I say go scooter. You will find the storage and such to be a better experience for getting around imo. And, you still have the tw for off road.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bro, you know how nice and detailed Luvs reports on things are... She really takes the time to give it her best!! That's only one reason I admire her!!
Man, that must not be a good review if it has to be whispered in private...

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope. Remember, you told me to ask her... and she indeed does have 2 scooters, one being a Piaggio. I think it's a good little scooter.
So it was a bad review?

·
Registered
6 Posts
fwiw ... I did a stint on the sales floor of a local power sports dealer here in the Tampa Area a few years back that sold Piaggio scooters (parent to Vespa). They were terrible scooters from a reliability and maintenance perspective; particularly the Vespa, but same company, same problems. Engine troubles, plastic cracking and not fitting, seat seams coming unwoven. It was always hit or miss whether the steering locks would work on them! If anyone ever got a good one, I'd say they got lucky. Out on the sales floor we would try to point buyers to the Yamaha line for the smaller to mid-size scoots (their biggest was a 155cc) and the Burgmans (Suzuki) for the larger bore scoots. Burgman has a 200, 400 and a 650. The 400 tops out in the mid 90s. I think the best all-round scoot though is the Yamaha SMax...155cc, 80 mph, 81 mpg. After I left the dealership they dropped the whole line of Piaggio/Vespa.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I'd like a 650 Burgman...:p

Reactions: Fred and mhomadness

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
With the TW you don't need the Honda CFR L.

The Burgman will be easier to get on and off, less strain on you and your body parts (old body parts, very old body parts):D

You don't need one that big because you don't need to go on the freeway/interstate. Besides, backroads are more fun.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only kidding about a Burgman. I think the little Piaggio 350 scoot will work just fine for me. If I can make the Honda fit with a lowering link, I will probably keep it. The TW doesn't have many miles, but it is 30 years old and I need a trouble free turnkey bike. I just don't want to have to worry about anything anymore.
With the TW you don't need the Honda CFR L.

The Burgman will be easier to get on and off, less strain on you and your body parts (old body parts, very old body parts):D

You don't need one that big because you don't need to go on the freeway/interstate. Besides, backroads are more fun.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Just got my wife a new to her Aprilia Sportcity 250 scooter for our 40th anniversary. She's now gone from a 125cc to 150cc to now a 250. Oh and still rides her TW with me.

Here is the Aprilia sportcity 250

4880607515_2de7e2ab01_b.jpg

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 19 of 19 Posts