TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
"No grandmas were harmed in making this video" - I don't think three stoned grandmas represent the end of civilization as we know it.

Registered
tooooo funny, I was smoking legal weed in Alaska with a couple of grandmas last weekend. The girls I was with had a bit of experience though.

Registered
Its been legal to posess and grow a limited quantity in your home in alaska for like 40 years After the Ravin v State decision so its not like a real big deal here. Voters did just vote to legalize commercial production etc a couple weeks ago. +1 for freedom. Its always been ridiculous to travel to other states where people are put in jail for years and branded a felon for the rest of their lives for minding their own business and enjoying themselves. Its one of the things that makes me proud to be an Alaskan!

Registered
Its been legal to posess and grow a limited quantity in your home in alaska for like 40 years After the Ravin v State decision so its not like a real big deal here. Voters did just vote to legalize commercial production etc a couple weeks ago. +1 for freedom. Its always been ridiculous to travel to other states where people are put in jail for years and branded a felon for the rest of their lives for minding their own business and enjoying themselves. Its one of the things that makes me proud to be an Alaskan!
Yes but where does it end? Legalizing marijuana is a gateway freedom.

Tom

Registered
I'm not so sure about that. Addictions become the means used to control. Think not? Explain codependence otherwise.
Well since MOST incidents of codependency require one of the parties involved to care more about others well being than their own I would have to ask you which of the two parties is self sacrificing? The pot smokers or the government?;) In all reality there is no control involved in a codependent relationship. There is only two different personalities feeding off of one another. I know this is not really an answer to your question because the core of your argument is addiction as a means of control but I couldn't resist. Really though I don't foresee any real leverage gained by the government in legalizing marijuana. Do you?

Tom

Banned
The fact that you worry about the government gaining leverage worries me enough that I can not find any reason to lend you any credibility.

Registered
The fact that you worry about the government gaining leverage worries me enough that I can not find any reason to lend you any credibility.
Gotcha Qwerty. I am a loose cannon. Keep your head down till those black copters pass.

Tom

Registered
Yes but where does it end? Legalizing marijuana is a gateway freedom.

Tom

A gateway freedom indeed! Fooking hilarious and insightful! Other countries like netherlands and portugal have gone a step further and decriminalized nearly all drugs even heroin and so forth. Nothing seemed to change. People who were inclined to use continued to use, people who abstained continued to abstain. Sky did not fall. Life kept on keeping on. Just less people having their lives ruined by the drug war.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Registered
While we do not want to encourage bad addictive behavior it is interesting that the Netherlands seems to feel the cost to society to provide/ permit addictive drugs is less than the cost of dealing with the crime caused by addicts stealing from citizens to pay for expensive illegal narcotics. This ignores other societal costs of course and assumes the drug use will be limited to a small population of already unproductive people. Different folks, different strokes. Elsewhere like Singapore attempt absolute intolerance. Nothing works 100%.
Similarily here in Nevada there is legalized prostitution and gambling, and formerly 100 mph speed limits in the open country; all designed to safely bleed off baser human drives keeping cities better.

Registered
I'll drink to that! No hypocrisy here just move along;-)

Tom

Registered
______}}______
_____}}}______
____}}}_______
____{{{_______
____OOO_______
____OOO_____}_
____OOO____{{_
____OOO___(..)
____OOO___%___
____OOO__%____
__OOOOOO%_____
_OOOOOOOO_____
_OOOOOOoo_____
__OOOOOO______
___OOOO_______

Registered
_________________0___________________
_________________00__________________
________________0000_________________
_______________000000________________
____00_________000000__________00____
_____0000______000000______00000_____
_____000000____0000000___0000000_____
______000000___0000000_0000000_______
_______0000000_000000_0000000________
_________000000_00000_000000_________
_0000_____000000_000_0000__000000000_
__000000000__0000_0_000_000000000____
_____000000000__0_0_0_000000000______
_________0000000000000000____________
______________000_0_0000_____________
____________00000_0__00000___________
___________00_____0______00____

Banned
The "War On Drugs" is nothing but a sheeple-fooling concoction intended to polish the turd of tax-funded private armies for politicians.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts