TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right. There are three wheeled TW200’s out there. They are done in Can-Am Spyder style with two wheels up front and one in the rear.

I came across these a while back when researching for a test ride on a Can-Am Spyder to see what they were like. Having ridden ATC’s for many years in my youth, I always wondered what the two wheels up front stability would be like on and off road. Here’s one that I think was made out of quad by slapping a single rear wheel swing arm on the back. This one looks pretty cool!

Has anyone ever ridden this configuration off road?

PS: I want to know how he got a California license plate on that thing?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think you are right about no motorcycle license needed to ride/drive a Can-Am Spyder. I don't think I had a motorcycle license when I test rode one.

You may also be right about three wheels putting it into the "car" category or maybe the same loophole that kit cars use.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Interesting, but I'll stick with the 2 wheeled version. Goes between trees better.
It does resist tree magnets better though

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Purple

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I've spoken to the member who has the 3 wheeler TW. He said it's fun, but a little squirrely and not so good at water crossings. It was just too much for the rear wheel to push those big tires up front through the creek beds. Was good up to 45mph or a little more.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one with the thin front wheels looks like something that would be popular at the old folks homes. Kind of like a 3-wheeled Schwinn curiser with reversed wheels and a motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts